"I'm glad that you do." He said sincerely, but she still wasn't sure if he was mocking her or not.

"I'll be back later, what do you want for dinner?"

"Hmm, anything." He shrugged but stopped her once more causing her sigh.

"Is this friend a boy?" He asked more seriously, and she raised a brow knowing the brotherly instincts were kicking in.

"It's a girl, and her name is Emma." She said amused as she watched her brother's shoulders relax from their tense state.

"Okay, come home safe and call me if you need me." He said warningly and she smiled softly at her brother. He really did care about her, and the way he's always treated her has made her realise she didn't need her parents to make her happy, just Wakasa and her Uncle Tatsu.

She pulled her brother into a hug who was surprised at first as she didn't do that all that often. She wasn't typically an affectionate kind of person, nor was he, but he found himself hugging her back. She felt safe wrapped in his embrace.

***

Naoka made her way over to the address Emma had given her and saw a familiar name on the gate 'Sano?'

Her thoughts were cut off when she heard a motorbike come in behind her and park beside her. She turned her head to see Mikey looking at her confused.

"Red? What are you doing here?" He asked grinning at her. It had been a hot minute and his eyes were glued to her body which was in her a white crop top, jeans and a red leather jacket.

"Emma wanted me to come over." She said hoping off her bike.

"Oh cool, I'm not sure where she is right now, but I'll show you inside." He said politely and she nodded following behind him.

She couldn't help but admire the way his hair gently swayed in the breeze. His light blonde locks looked soft, and she found herself wanting to feel them between her fingertips.

'Shake that thought right now.'

When she walked in, she was met with their grandpa and her eyes widened slightly. This was one of those few occasions that she would use formalities. She bowed in front of the man to introduce herself.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you sir, my name is Imaushi Naoka."

Mikey's eyes widened as he recognised the last name.

"Imaushi? Do you know Waka?" He asked and she looked to Mikey in surprise.

"Yeah, he's my elder brother." She said proudly. Though the two did fight, they were greatly proud of one and other, and often showed that to others.

"Wow, small world." He laughed lightly. She wanted to ask him how he knew her brother but reminded herself to do it later.

The old man looked between the two, intrigued as he had never seen his grandson look so refreshed and happy. He could tell the boy was smitten by the soft pink blush that had been present on his face the entire time. It brought a smile to his face as he never thought he would see the day.

"I'm Sano Mansaku, it's a pleasure to meet you dear," His grandpa once again looked to Mikey, figuring he could get a good tease from him while he was still distracted staring at the girl. "Are you Manjiro's girlfriend?"

Mikey's cheeks immediately burst into flames as he covered them, looking at his grandpa with wide eyes.

"I- it's not like that! She's Emma's friend gramps." He covered quickly calming himself down and she looked at the blonde boy amused at his state.