27

The last week before the second half of the season was due to start, Charles invited Camille to come to Monaco with him for a few days before the pair would fly out to Belgium for the Belgium Grand Prix.

The weather was still warm in Monaco at the end of August. The sun was shining as the couple made their way from Charles' apartment to his family home a few minutes away.

The pair arrived and headed inside where Charles' mother, Lorenzo, Arthur and Arthur's girlfriend, Carla, were all standing around the kitchen talking.

"Hello everyone." Charles spoke first catching everyone's attention.

"Hi chéri." Pascale said walking towards her son. She pulled him into a hug before turning to Camille. "Hello."

"Hi Pascale." The older woman smiled back at her before pulling her into a hug while Charles moved over to his brothers.

"Hi I'm Carla." Arthur's girlfriend spoke as Camille walked further into the kitchen.

"Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Camille." The brown haired girl replied with a smile.

Dinner was nearly ready so everyone started to help talking things out the back garden where the table was set up for the 6 of them to have dinner. They all took a seat around the table and dug into the food laid across the table.

"So you two, how was your holiday?" Pascale wondered which lead to Camille and Charles telling everyone about their holding during dinner.

-----

After summer break ended it was time for the Formula One drivers to come back to reality and that all began in Spa for the ever famous Belgium Grand Prix

Spa was one of those race that could be really unpredictable in terms of weather which in turn could reflect in the results especially if a crash occurs bringing out a red flag or safety car.

Charles had been showing amazing speed and potential for the weekend with always being in the top two in all three practice session and now it was time for qualifying.

"Nervous?" Camille asked as she watched Charles fiddle with the strap of his racing helmet.

"No." Charles answered too quickly as he shook his head in reply. The British girl gave him a knowing looking cause him to sigh. "Okay. Maybe a bit."

"Well don't be. You've done this a million times before." Camille spoke as she reached out and grabbed Charles' hands.

"Yeh but this is different. Everyone keeps telling me how great I've been this weekend so far and how I could pole and even win the race. I think I'm just starting to feel the pressure." Charles explained with a sigh.