Chapter 4 - A Recollection of the Past

Start from the beginning

We finished preparing the food. It was time for us to have dinner when mom arrived home.

"Mom!"

I ran to hug her.

"Oh (Y/N), I just got home from work. Let me change first"

"That's okay! I don't mind!"

"Where's Hisato?" Grandma asked.

"He's still at work. He might be late tonight"

After mom changed, we all had our dinner.

"Look, mom! Yuko took great photos! I bet I can do better once I have my camera!"

"You have a long way to go to get on my level (Y/N)!" Yuko teased.

"Oh yeah, that's good (Y/N)... Sorry, this is just really important."

Mom replied while looking at her phone. She was busy with her phone while we were having dinner. I guess she still has a lot of work to do. A couple of minutes passed and someone arrived.

"I'm home!"

Dad arrived home and went to get change so he can join us for dinner.

"Sooo, where's my champ?"

"Dad!"

I stand up from my seat to give him a hug.

"There you are!!"

He hugged me back and he went to take a seat.

"I brought you your favorite!"

"Really? Is it what I think it is??"

"Oh, you bet!"

He brought out a tub of Cookies N' cream-flavored I cream.

"Wow! Thanks, dad! Tonkatsu and ice cream for dinner? What a night!"

"(Y/N), you better finish your Tonkatsu first before you eat that." Grandma Atsuko remarked.

"Got it grandma!"

After we finished taking our dinner, I helped Yuko with washing the dishes.

"Yuko, can you lend me your camera after this? I want to practice taking pictures"

"Sure (Y/N)!"

We finished washing the dishes and I went to get Yuko's camera. I went to my room and put the tub of ice cream on my collection of tubs. I always try to collect every tub my dad buys me. We're not a rich family and I know that dad works very hard for him to be able to buy me one. I cherish it every time he does. What I do is stack them in my room. He always says to throw it away since he'll be able to buy me another one, but he's still unable to convince me from doing so.

I went to the living room and found grandma watching the television.

"Grandma! Stay still, let me take a picture!"

"(Y/N) aren't you tired of taking pictures of me?"

"Nope! I want to practice taking photos and I think you're the best model for it! Besides, mom doesn't want me to take photos of her"

"Okay okay, just make sure I look good there!" Grandma teased me while I can see the smile on her face.

"You can count on me grandma!"

Several days passed and everything's been normal. I go to school, study hard, play with friends if I have time, and go home to do some errands. It was a Friday and my friends asked me to play with them at the arcade inside the local mall. I won't be doing shopping at the supermarket with grandma so I thought it was okay. My classmates and I went to the mall. We head inside the arcade and played around as long as we can.