fourteen

ben was going on about not wanting to be here until something shook the monorail.

the first time it happened everyone tripped over but the second time Darius ran to the front of the monorail and looked out the window to get a better view.

"Guys..?" he looked closer than realized what was making the monorail shake "we gotta turn off the lights!" he took the flashlight Kenji had and started to bang on the lights that were above us, everyone was confused about why he was doing this, until it was dark enough for us to see Pteranodons heading straight to us "flying reptiles are basically seabirds, they're attracted to shiny moving objects and with all these lights on-" "we're a shiny moving object!" Sammy cut off Darius.

when I grabbed a flashlight I dropped it and hissed in pain since my palms were still burning from when I slid under the stairs, but I continued to help out but doing so just made my palms hurt even worse.
everyone had gotten a flashlight except for Ben, "what should I do?" "just keep out of the way for now!" I answered ben. we then started to quickly break all of the lights. there were so many dinos banging on the glass and from above us while we were breaking the lights.

we were going the fastest we could but more and more kept trying to break in, and just to top it all off there was a broken down monorail that we were heading right into, "so that's what that boom was." I stepped closer to get a better look "I told you-" "don't."
Brooklynn didn't let Kenji finish his sentence, "we've gotta stop this thing right now or else we're gonna hit that thing full speed!" "the control panels are up in the front car" I replied to Darius. he ran to attempt to open it but I didn't budge we all helped but still couldn't get the door open "I'm gonna get to the control car through there" climbed up to the emergency exit "what?! no! that's insane" "you can't go out there! that's where the flying whatever's are!" Kenji and I tried to stop Darius from doing so

"We don't have a choice! me and- " he looked over at ben and paused "-I'm the only one who can fit." once Darius finished saying that the monorail shook which lead everyone to meet the ground. he got back up "distract the flock while I crawl over to the control car. use the flashlights- -just keep them-" I looked behind Darius to see that Ben already had climbed to the top, Darius tried to stop him "hurry! the flashlights!" I turned mine on and ran to the opposite side of the monorail and everyone else followed and eventually Darius as well.

we were getting close to the broken down monorail but before we could crash ben switched tracks and we survived another near-death experience. we all cheered and ran to ben chanting his name until when he walked over one of the dinos broke the glass and snatched him.

Darius was quick to grab his hand. everything was so sudden. the dino flew away dropping ben but Darius still held on, I slid to my knees and reached for his other hand and when I grabbed it, it irritated the burns on my palms. I hissed and whimpered in pain but refused to let go of ben, I switched from sitting on my knees to my feet but as I did, I tried to pull him up but I had stepped on some glass and led me to slip letting go of ben and the lower part of my body hanging, Darius had one of his hands still hanging on to Ben and the other around my waist, my eyes widened in fear since I nearly fell off but once it got back on completely ben was slowing falling out of grip Darius when he slipped out of Darius's reach I quickly swung my arm and grabbed on to his forearm when I did I basically slapped my hand on to him and I pulled my hand away as a reflex instantly regretting it. I let go of ben leaving him to fall to his death.

after the fall it was quiet for a while. at this point, I was on the verge of tears which lead my breath to become shaky. Sammy instantly started sobbing while everyone else was pretty much still in shock from what just had happened. I looked down at my palms to see one peeling and more red than the other.