// part thirteen: game plan //

"Knuckles! Please, let us use the Master Emerald, just this once!" Sonic dropped to his knees, doing everything he could to seem desperate. Knuckles huffed, crossing his arms and turning away.

"And what, let you lose it or destroy it? You guys lost the Chaos Emeralds, I don't feel safe leaving the Master Emerald with you!" He yelled, Sonic wincing at the volume of his voice.

"But this is different! We need to be able to go Super, we don't stand a chance if we don't!" Sonic begged.

"Sounds like a you problem. I'm simply going to return to Angel Island in a few days, when I'm sure they've stopped looking for me." Knuckles said, plopping down in a chair, letting a breath of relaxation out.

"They're looking for you?" Sonic asked, surprised. He knew Angel Island had been attacked, but he didn't know why exactly, he never got a chance to ask.

"I assume they want the Master Emerald. They showed up out of the blue, an army of robots, with Gemerl leading them." Knuckles said.

"That's not good. If they get ahold of the Master Emerald, we don't stand a chance. Deimos is far stronger than all of us combined. Plus, with his time abilities, who knows what he's capable of doing." Tails said. Y/n listened silently to the conversation, sighing as she looked to the side with a somber look in her eyes.

It was her fault they were in this situation.

"What do you mean!?" Deimos shouted, following the tall man. Dr. Eggman huffed, wiping oil off of his face as he cleaned up, having finished repairing his robots.

"I mean Knuckles isn't on Angel Island, and neither is the Master Emerald, so stop whining. There's nothing we can do about that right now." He said. Deimos growled, quickly growing sick of the doctor.

"Well, I hope you know that they've been using the Master Emerald to see into the future. They could look into the future to find ways to stop us!" Deimos yelled. Eggman groaned, twisting his little finger in his ear, hoping to stop the ringing Deimos was causing.

"Then why don't you use your "awesome" time powers to cancel it out? Or is that too hard for you?" He glared down at Deimos, who gave him a threatening look.

"You know what wouldn't be hard for me? Killing you. I suppose I could try canceling out its power, but if that doesn't work, I leave finding a solution to you, seeing as how you're the genius." Deimos said. Without another word, he turned, walking away. Eggman sighed, rolling his eyes and going on his own way.

Deimos placed a finger on his chin, thinking. How would he go about canceling out its powers? He could try using the Chaos Emeralds, but the whole point of the Master Emerald is to neutralize their powers.

What could he do? The Chaos Emeralds were really only of use to Chaos and Gemerl. Sure, Deimos could use them to go Super, but his power was beyond comparison. It would just be useless extra strength.

Deimos squeezed the sides of his head, almost as if trying to squeeze any ideas out of his brain. What could he do? Maybe he should just try stealing the Master Emerald. But would they see that coming?

Possibly not. It seemed that they only had visions in their sleep. And they seem unexpected to the host. Was it possible they were not trying to see these visions?

If that were the case, then as long as they don't sleep, they won't see anything else from the future. But how would he get them to stay awake?

Deimos hummed, thinking. Maybe he shouldn't worry about canceling out its power, maybe he should just take it. Knuckles must've went to Sonic and the others. All he would need to do is lure Knuckles out with the Emerald, or take it when he's unable to pay attention.