// part nine: hopeful escape //

Y/n shook violently as she held herself up, watching Deimos and Eggman right below her. She held her breath, praying that they didn't see her.

She currently held herself up against the ceiling, her arms and legs spread out, pressed against the walls. She shook with fear, listening closely to them.

"Search everywhere. She can't escape with the teleporter shut off, but I don't want her finding anything valuable or important." Deimos ordered. Eggman groaned, turning in the direction they came from. Deimos continued down the hall, disappearing around a corner.

Y/n waited a moment just in case before sighing, falling to the ground. She quietly jogged towards the direction Eggman went, looking around.

She stopped at a large, open doorway, leaning against the wall as she listened to Eggman speak to someone.

"Infinite and I are going to look around for Y/n. You stay here and keep watch over this room, you're still not fully repaired and I don't want you getting more broken." Eggman said. The person he spoke to didn't answer. After a moment, everything was still silent. Y/n peaked in the room.

Eggman was nowhere to be seen, but there was the robot, Gemerl, sitting on a table, looking in the opposite direction of her.

Y/n spotted a laptop next to Gemerl, with a USB stick in it. It had a small paper label on it, but that was all Y/n could see of it. She knew it had to be two things, either Metal's memories, or important information. Either way, she was taking it. She just needed to get by Gemerl without him noticing.

Swallowing her fear, she sucked in a breath and held it. She slipped her shoes off, tip toeing silently. As she approached the laptop, Gemerl had yet to notice her.

She was so close, it was right there. She could just reach her hand out and grab it, and she was done. She could escape, and she could go home. She could be safe again.

Suddenly, Gemerl's head snapped to look directly at her, their eyes meeting. Y/n gasped, her eyes widening. Gemerl stared at her, Y/n unmoving.

She snatched the USB out, Gemerl immediately leaping towards her. Y/n turned tail and ran, screeching in fear as Gemerl grabbed her shirt, ripping it's sleeve off. His claws ran down her metal arm, ripping the paint off to reveal the black metal underneath.

Y/n ran down the hall as fast as she could, Gemerl hot on her trail. She was basically gliding down the slick metal hall in her socks, panting. Her head was spinning as she panicked. Where was the exit? Where could she go?

She just barely noticed Infinite in front of her, leaping over him without a second thought. Infinite gasped, watching the girl speed by, Gemerl blasting past him.

"Ugh, dammit. Boss, we found the girl. Gemerl is following her currently." Infinite said into their communicator.

"Get her, now." Deimos ordered. Infinite grumbled curses under his breath, following the two.

Y/n looked back, spotting the two chasing after her. She gasped, turning to focus on her running. Come on, faster... She thought. I have to go faster! Her legs glowed a soft green under the s/c paint, her hair whipping around as she ran.

She needed to find the way out. Where even was she? She had no idea. She had remembered Deimos saying something about the teleporter being disabled, but surely there was another way out. Y/n could teleport herself out, although she wasn't sure how much Chaos energy she currently had.

Suddenly, Infinite appeared in front of her, startling her as she slid to a stop. Unfortunately, her socks caused her to slip right into his grasp.

"There, caught you. You're much faster than I expected." Infinite sighed in annoyance. Y/n growled. She would not allow herself to get caught again.