t h i r t y - e i g h t

b i l l i e

b i l l i e

i stifled as a laugh as i watched jessie.

we had been watching teen beach movie because neither of us have watched it in years. when cruisin' for a bruisin' came on, jj had practically jumped up and was now doing ross lynch's choreography, perfectly, may i add, in front of the tv.

she's such a dork.

it's been a couple months. it's now the summer before mine and jessie's junior year of high school.

during the months after jj's relapse, they've gotten a lot better. she only relapsed the one time.

though after their relapse, they were so... nervous, i guess you could say, to try again. they were afraid that they were just going to relapse again and it'd be an ongoing cycle. she was scared that she was going to disappoint me.

she could never disappoint me.

with enough assuring and comforting though, they tried to stop vaping again, and it's been smooth sailing from there. she wasn't doing the best mentally for a bit, but she's really good now.

their relationship with their parents has somewhat improved, i guess. they apologized for everything and quit their jobs. jess is trying to be civil with them at least, but has by no means forgiven them.

even though her parents have quit their jobs and are at home a lot, jj more or less lives with me now. they do stay at their house at least once a week, but they said they'd much rather stay here with me.

we're practically attached at the hip now... but... in a healthy way, you know?

also during the past few months, i got signed to a record label.

that's crazy as fuck.

what's even crazier, is that there were multiple record labels trying to get me to sign with them. a lot of them had some stupid contracts though; some wouldn't allow me to have dyed hair, and one even wouldn't have let me date jj.

fuck that.

i eventually signed with darkroom/interscope records though, and they're great.

i played a little gig at the hi hat earlier this month. there was hardly anybody even listening to my set, but it was still great, and a cool experience.

i also just played at some festival. two girls had sung along to only the chorus of ocean eyes, but i had still cried after my set.

they were singing my song back to me at a festival... that's so crazy.

everybody keeps telling me that i'm gonna be some huge star soon, but i feel like this is as far it'll go...

i guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

"sheesh." jj muttered as she panted a bit while collapsing back onto my bed.

"the fact that you still remember that is amazing." i giggled as i pulled them into my embrace and kissed their head.

"considering the amount of hours i put into learning it when it came out, it's not that surprising." she chuckled.

"you're a dork." i laughed. i ran my hand through their hair, which they were still keeping short.

they didn't style it or anything today, so it's kinda just a fluffy mess on top of their head... i love it though.

"whatever." she huffed.

she cuddled up to me as we continued to watch teen beach movie.

this movie and it's soundtrack will always be amazing, i don't care.

not too long into it though, jessie had fallen asleep. i continued to hold them as i finished the movie. i stayed cuddled up with her (and shiloh) for a while after it was finished.

i eventually got up. i moved out of their arms and off of the bed as carefully as i could without waking them. shiloh had startled a bit, but just moved to lay on jj's stomach before falling back asleep.

i walked out of my room and down the hall. i walked by the couch, though i stopped to pet pepper, who was laying on the couch. i gave her some attention before walking to the kitchen.

"hi, momma." i greeted in a voice as i opened the refrigerator.

"hi, billie," she gave a smile, then tilted her head. "where's jessie?"

"napping." i let out a small puff of air as my eyes scanned through the fridge to find something to eat.

she nodded. "you know, i'm so glad you two found each other. you're just so perfect together."

"yeah, me too." i bit back a smile.

my eyes lit up as i found some grapes. i grabbed them before putting some into a bowl. i was going to head back to my room, but mom stopped me.

"about the meeting yesterday... you really need to make up your mind about it." she mentioned.

i had a meeting with my managers yesterday. they discussed the possibility of me dropping out of high school to completely focus on my "career."

"i don't know. it's still kinda early for that, don't you think?" my brows furrowed. "still get me registered to go this year."

i would've jumped at the the opportunity to drop out a year ago, but things have changed.

i get to spend time with jj and my friends at school. if i dropped out, i wouldn't get to spend time with them. on a day that i didn't have to do anything, i'd just be stuck at home by myself while everyone else was at school.

school gives me something to do, as much i don't like it; it gives me a routine to fall into.

"alright, i was just making sure." she kissed the side of my head before letting me walk back to my room.

as expected, jess was still sound asleep. she had sprawled out across the bed as she laid on her stomach. shiloh had buried herself under one of jj's arms.

they're both taking up all of the space on the bed.

i decided to just let them sleep before walking back to the living room. i sat beside pepper, who was now accompanied by finneas.

"what's up?" he asked as he took one of my grapes.

i glared at him for a moment before shielding the bowl away from him. "nothin'. just eating. you?"

"nothin'." he mocked playfully.

i watched as he ran his hand through his hair. "since we're both doing nothing, what do you say we go work on a song?"

i didn't even have to think about it. "yeah, sure."

<~~~~~>

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

3 more chapters

predictions?

how're y'all?

words:
1100