e l e v e n

j e s s i e

j e s s i e

it's currently thanksgiving day.

i'm at matthew's house. jordan is at our house with our parents.

i don't wanna see them.

matthew's parents love me though, so they were happy to let me spend the day with them.

"matthew... you are a tall, lanky white boy with fluffy hair," i stared at him. "you should have no problem finding a girlfriend."

"you know what—"

i let out a loud laugh. "i'm kidding. kinda."

he rolled his eyes before propping his elbow on the armrest of the couch. he leaned his head on his hand. "what do you do? 'cause you have hella girls chasing you, bro."

"i dunno," i made a face. "i'm just effortlessly hot." i gave a lazy smirk.

"whatever." he huffed.

"look, you'll find someone, don't even sweat it. i mean, we're only in tenth grade, dude. it doesn't matter that much right now." i snickered.

"easy for you to say," he sent a pointed look. "you don't even want a girlfriend!"

"you're right, but still! i mean, seriously, matt. you're fifteen. you don't need a girlfriend right now."

"yeah, but i want one." he muttered.

"matthew! jessie! it's ready!" matthew's mom called out. me and matthew got up, and we made our way to the kitchen.

matthew and his parents aren't really doing anything big for thanksgiving this year. they cooked for me and matt, then later around seven, they're going to go do something on his mom's side of the family, but that's it.

we all got ourselves a plate of food before sitting down at the table to eat.

"so, jessie, do you have any plans after high school yet?" mrs. loughty asked.

i looked up from my plate from where i was getting a forkful of some casserole that she had made. "uh... college, maybe? for um... art."

her eyes lit up. "that sounds fun. i'm sure you'll have a great time if you do decide that."

"yeah, and i'm sure you'll do great." mr. loughty told me.

i smiled. "thank you."

they're way more supportive than my parents. my parents want me to be a damn doctor. fuck that.

<~~~~~>

i let out a sigh as i sat in my car. i pulled my phone out and went to the messages app.

iMessages
bil

ayooo
you mind if i come over for a bit?