Can't Afford To Lose You

Start from the beginning

As home is coming closer Alec is feeling so heavy in his heart, he is afraid that this all is just a dream and it will break in a million pieces, he can't afford to lose his love, he can't live without Mags.

When he reaches their home, ' how amazing it feels to call this apartment their home' Alec thinks, his heart just skipped a beat on the thought of never calling it home again, his heart starts to beat faster, he holds his breath and slowly opens the door of the apartment.

As he enters to the living room closing door behind, all he sees is darkness and he feels like this isn't darkness of night, this is darkness of his burning heart, he leans on the door for few seconds before walking to their bedroom, their bedroom which he doesn't know how long it will stay as their bedroom.

Alec's heart again sink in the painful thoughts of getting kicked out by his dear love, by his own life, by his own soul and heart, he wants to cry out loud but he can't because he knows Jace can feel his emotions so he needs to control it and he also knows that his emotions took Jace to his office although Jace hasn't mentioned that, they know each other very well, it's like there is mirror between both brothers.

As Alec opens his eyes and starts to walk to the bedroom, candles start to light up with every step he takes, he is shocked, surprised and confused. He doesn't understand a damn thing why candles are lighting up with his every step.

Alec is shocked and confused yet curious to know what is happening here, he walks slowly and reaches to the middle of the living room where a table is beautifully decorated with rose petals and a beautiful rose bouquet is placed on the middle of the table.

A fine rich and ancient red wine with two glasses catches his eyes, he's eyes are wide open and he doesn't understand how to react. And then he looks up and sees around, the whole living room is decorated with Lily flowers and the whole room is smelling with sandalwood scent.

Suddenly someone holds him in arms from behind, he closes his eyes because he knows the smell of the person, he knows the touch of two strong arms which are holding him tight, it's his boyfriend, his love, his life, his Magnus.

Wait! What? But how? When did he come? Is he dreaming? Is he illusioning? He's definitely dreaming because his boyfriend is out of state and his boyfriend is keeping distance or some kind of secret from him.

"Happiest Birthday my love!" Mags whispers in Alec's ear and Alec feels all of the chills and vibration in his entire body and heart, wait it isn't a dream, his boyfriend is really here and he has decorated everything.

Alec turns around and looks at his boyfriend and touches his cheeks.

"Am I dreaming, Magnus?" Alec asks in total disbelief, he can't believe that Mags has prepared everything because his love was behaving so weird around him for the past few weeks.

"Of course darling! How can I miss my boyfriend's 21st birthday?" Mags says stroking Alec's arms lovingly, Alec closes his eyes to feel the love his boyfriend has for him, he opens his eyes, his eyes fill with tears.

"This..this..is.. just...just..so beautiful!" Alec says feeling overwhelmed by all the love and surprise, tears fall from his eyes and Mags wipes it away with his thumb then slowly Mags holds Alec's both hands and kneels down in front of Alec.

Alec is speechless by now not believing what's coming, he has dreamed of getting married to Mags and spending his whole life with him, Mags is the love of his life, man of his heart and owner of his soul and body, Alec has imagined a family with Mags.

Alec has imagined so many times how they will get married, how they will travel the whole world together, how they will make love at every possible place, how they will adopt babies, how they will raise their kids together.