Ouch! (Dr Luka Kovach One-Shot)

Ever since the pandemic hit, every single person in the medical profession had their lives changed. That includes your partner, Dr Luka Kovach and the ER he is chief of. He is much busier than he was before and you would be lucky to see him at all most days. But then things calmed down slightly after the coronavirus vaccine was being rolled out. Luka was one of the first people to receive his vaccine due to his occupation, but he sneaked you into the ER at the same time because he was eager for you to have it also as he knew the difference it would make. However, since you weren't supposed to get jabbed at such an early stage, Luka hid it from all his coworkers and gave you the vaccine himself. If anyone ever asked about a missing vaccine, he would say it dropped on the floor and smashed.

    You really loved Luka and appreciated his skill as a doctor but you were in so much pain the day after your injection and the site was all swollen and red, whereas Luka's was administered by Haleh because all the official vaccines were done by nurses. Maybe it was just because Luka was a doctor, but he seemed to be absolutely fine.

    Even though you were aware of the good of having the vaccination, you were hesitant to get your second one. You were definitely going to get it, but wanted to wait until the rest of the normal citizens were getting theirs. Besides, one would serve you fine for a little while. Although you could tell Luka was slightly annoyed by this, he knew he couldn't force you to go before you were ready.

     When you did finally walk into the ER, asking Jerry if you could get your second dose, everyone was surprised to see you there, even Luka. You had gotten to know and become liked by just about everyone in the ER during all the times you have waited for Luka when he works longer than his shift. "You ready?" Luka asked. You hesitated long enough for Abby to step in. "Luka, don't you think that it would be better for one of the nurses to do it? They give injections all the time." Luka was just about to say no for you when Sam spoke up. "I'll do it, (Y/N). I'm not that busy right now anyway and I haven't spoken to you in ages." You nodded and could see the worry flash in Luka's eyes as you followed Sam into a separate room.

    Once you were comfortably seated, Sam started to ask you the routine questions. "Now, this will just be your first dose-"

"Actually, Sam, I have already had one." And that is the moment when Abby joined you to check how things were going. "That can't be possible, (Y/N). There is no record of it and if there's no record of your first one, you can't get the second."

"Luka did my first one the same time he got his. He was worried about me. I'm sure he kept a separate paper record of it, he just knew he couldn't let anyone else know about it." Sam looked to Abby to ask her opinion of what to do. Abby just nodded to indicate going ahead with it. The mood became lighter then. "I honestly can't imagine Luka giving you your first vaccine. How was it?" Sam asked with a slight laugh. "Well... " you explained the symptoms to a very shocked Sam and Abby. "That's quite bad, (Y/N). I would never let Luka near me with a needle." Abby confessed. Sam pressed a piece of cotton wool to your arm and told you it was finished. "Wow! I didn't feel a thing."

Sam just smiled in reply before saying. "Remember to drink loads of water and you can take Paracetamol for the pain. And you can call us if you have any concerns at all."

Abby opened the door and upon leaving the room said "Sam could you just sit with (Y/N) for the fives minutes, make sure everything is okay. I'm going to go talk to Luka."