Chapter 22: The Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Without wasting his time, he held her hand and squeezed it. "Until we reach," he muttered and looked out the window, slightly embarrassed. Chaeyoung suppressed her laughter and adjusted their hands so that their fingers were intertwined. The man bit back a smile as the car slowly approached the company.

A few minutes later, the driver stopped and Chaeyoung got out of the car. "Don't be nervous," she smiled at him before walking towards the company. Taehyung just smiled softly as the driver continued driving.

He reached before Chaeyoung arrived and entered the building to find Jackson, Moonbin and Eunwoo already waiting there. "You're late," Jackson said with a glare. "You wanted to meet me, not the other way around, Jackson. Also... you're early. Most of my staff aren't even here yet," Taehyung said.

Jackson rolled his eyes and approached him. "Cut the crap. Is everyone here?" he asked angrily. "No... getting impatient, are we?" Taehyung smirked. "When are they going to arrive?" Moonbin asked this time. Taehyung averted his eyes from Jackson and looked at Moonbin. "In a few seconds," he said.

True to his words, Sehun entered with Chaeyoung, talking to her while Jaehyun and Lisa were coming in right after. Taehyung called them over and they all made their way to the meeting room. All eyes were on them and some whispers were talking about how the company's future depends on this meeting.

They all entered the meeting room as Sehun locked the door. They all sat in their seats while Sehun and Lisa stood behind them. "Sit down, Lisa," Taehyung said. The woman was stunned that her CEO was talking to her. He had not talked to her after the whole incident and she would be lying if she said she felt a little relieved after he spoke.

She obliged and sat next to Jaehyun who was next to Chaeyoung. Sehun remained standing behind the room as another knock was heard. The man opened the door and most of them were shocked to see Irene there as well, Sehun and Taehyung being the exception.

Even Irene was surprised to see none of her family members, other than her cousin, were there for the meeting. As far as she knows, she was called for a shareholders' meeting. "Did I come at the wrong time?" she asked. "No... you're on time, actually. Sit down," Taehyung said.

She hesitantly entered and avoided eye contact with Eunwoo before sitting down at a vacant seat. "Can we fucking start?" Jackson asked, getting impatient. It was already bad that he had to come down there to talk about the case when everyone in here knows the truth and now the man thinks he can make him wait? Never!

"Hmm... let's start with your side. What makes you think it was smart to file a lawsuit against us without even having the samples and documents prepared? That was a shitty move from you," Taehyung chuckled. Jackson's jaw ticked... he admits that what he did wasn't smart but Rosely was already about to present their creation and if he didn't do anything, then all his work would've gone to waste. He was hoping that maybe Taehyung would stop the sampling like he did before but apparently he learnt from his mistakes.

"Are we here to make fun of me?!" he slammed the table. "Even if I don't have the samples yet, that doesn't prove much, Kim. The documents are what we need!" he said. "That's true, so I want to hear from Mr. Cha," Taehyung nodded and averted his gaze to his business partner.

"We had a deal and you signed the contract. You breached it by signing another contract with Wang's Industries. This project wasn't supposed to be known by... outsiders. Do you have anything to say about that?" he asked, leaning back. This was going to be fun.

Moonbin looked taken aback at that statement. "What do you mean I signed a contract with them? I've never stepped foot into Wang's Industries. There must be a mistake," he said. "I don't think so... this is clearly your signature. We have confirmed it with an expert as well," Sehun spoke up.