"I didn't try," I narrow my eyes, "what makes you think that?"

"You're staring at me like you want to throw me in a closet full of fucking knives,"

I scrunch my nose, "that would be cool though. And so what? Maybe I did try,"

He grabs the toast and takes a bite, one after another.

"Thank you," I smile widely, "that's very kind of you,"

"Yeah yeah, shut up,"

I nod and salute him, "yes ma'am,"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Zeke hurry up and drive me to work already," I groan kicking his knees until he decides to finally give in.

"No. I don't want you to leave,"

"Ha, sucks to suck because I'll walk,"

He rolls his eyes. "You're lying, you'll get to the mailbox before coming back in,"

I hum thoughtfully, "that is true. So then I'll get kidnapped,"

"No one would take you,"

I frown, "I did get kidnapped once. Oh memories. I wonder how many people they told. You know, with the 'Zeke got arrested for public nudity' thingy,"

"I hate you."

"Liar,"

"No,"

"Just drive the poor girl to work or I will," Atlas chimed in.

"Fine," he mumbled.

"Can you stop laughing at me," Zeke muttered, still keeping his eyes on the road.

I'm laughing at him because he's wearing a suit for absolutely no reason, while most people outside and I are wearing jeans, leggings, t-shirts or sundresses.

"I'm not laughing at you," I pinch his knuckles. He removes his hand from my thigh and rests it on the wheel. "Give it back,"

He gives me back his hand and crack a wide smile. "Thank you very much,"

"Shut up, I don't like you anymore," he says, but he's squeezing my hand which makes me think differently.

"Just sit at the booth and I'll still talk to you,"

"But I can't kiss you because you'll give me a lecture about public display of affection for like thirty-fucking-minutes. And then you'll go make friends with someone because they look lonely, even though last time I checked, that isn't your job,"

"How would you like it if a couple was smooching in front of you huh?" I point out. "And I'll continue making friends,"

"I wouldn't even look!" he grumbles, "and you end up scaring them away,"

I huff, "You scare them away!"

"I smile at them,"

"Yeah like you want to kill them," I sigh, "Fine,"

"I can kiss you there?" he looks at me grinning.

"No, but pretend we are," I pat his back. One day he'll understand that people can die from this, I'm convinced of it.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Zeke, love, are you blushing or am I going cray-cray and seeing things?" I wiggle my eyebrows as I take my notepad.

"You're seeing things,"

"Really now?"

He nods confidently, "yes,"