6: False Advertising

Hi Kommun! I know it's been....almost a year since this book got touched. But, you can thank my buddy and #1 partner in crime, @dirtrock1252, for reminding me about this. So, I apologize in advance for my rusty writing skills and for the super late update.

Get yourself some Chips Ahoy, a glass of chocolate milk, and some tiny ham-n'-cheese sandwiches. And hopefully you'll enjoy!

***

Steven paused for a moment, trying to think of what could possibly be important to have even Peridot uptight. Well...actually, she was always uptight, always fidgeting and thinking of the worst possibilities, while Lapis would just lie back and watch her overexaggerate like the drama queen she was. But, it was usually during a test she swears she wasn't prepared for, or if Lapis was dragging her into something risky. Still, for either of those things, what would they need Spinel for?

"Peridot, what's happening? Why do you guys need Spinel?" He asked curiously with slight panic in his voice. "I-is she in danger?"

"What? No! Well...I don't know, it depends on how you take it. Just get your meaty asses over her STAT!!!!" With that explanation (a very vague one at that), Peridot hung up, not giving any clarity whatsoever.

Spinel, who had stopped midway to the door, looked back at him, admitting curiousity. "What did that nerd want?"

Although he wanted to correct the 'nerd' part, he decided to tell her what he knew. "They didn't give details, but, it's important that you be there."

"Are you kidding me? Steven, we literally just agreed to not be around each other. No way am I going with you."

"No, you agreed to it. Not me. I want us to try to work this out, because clearly everything that's going on is upsetting you and stressing you, and Im sorry. But I care about you and wanna make sure this situation doesn't get any worse. Who knows? Peri says that this is urgent, and if it's the Mean Pearls' doing, the earlier we get there, the sooner we can shut them down. Ok?" When she only huffs at him in response, he adds on. "So, you're telling me you'd rather risk them ridiculing you rather than finding out what they're doing sooner than later? You really want them to get away with whatever they want?"

No response.

Then, an idea hit him like a metal bat.

"You're scared, aren't you?"

That seemed to trigger her, and not in a good way. Steven knew he had stepped in a dangerous territory, especially with how she's feeling. But it was for her own good, right? And plus, he knew a scared person when he saw one.

"Watch it, Universe." She growls lowly at him.

He gulped, nervously sweating, but wasn't going to back out. Plus, he really wanted to see what was going on.

"You're scared of knowing what you'll gave to face. You're scared of the Mean Pearls, of all the students making fun of you, and you're scared of how worse your life is gonna be because of them. But, how are you gonna move on if you don't face your fears? Besides...what they're wanting to show us may be a good thing, if you let it be." That was lie he was telling himself, but who cares? "So...come with me? Please?"

Of course, Spinel wanted to kick him right in his balls for saying that she, the toughest gal in the college, was afraid, of 3 popular bitches at that. But yet, even she had to admit that he was right to some extent.

Some, not all.

She took a deep, annoyed sigh before turning around, looking back at him.

"Fine."