alternate ending chapter

Start from the beginning

         That night, Olivia promised herself she'd visit him whenever she could. Around this time, Anna wasn't even that mad at Devin anymore. Of course, she doesn't want to see him ever again nor let him near her children, but maybe if she was in the right mood, she'd accompany Olivia one day.

         "Hi, Liv." Devin sat down in front of her. "You really don't have to keep visiting me, it's fine."

         "Devin, it's my choice."

         Every time Olivia went to go visit him, he could barely look at her. He was so ashamed for what he did to her and Anna, there was no way in hell he could ever make it up to them. Not to mention the fact that he was Hayden Cameron's accomplice in the murder of four women.

         "How's Anna?" He inquired.

          "She's doing great." She responded.

         Devin caught a glimpse of Olivia and couldn't help himself. He looked at her and apologized, "Liv, I'm so sorry for that night. I know I shouldn't have done that, I wasn't thinking. If I could take it all back, I would; the murders, Hayden, the abduction. All of it. I'm so sorry."

         This wasn't the first time he's apologized to her during her visit. Each time he did, she never knew how to reply. She wasn't exactly sure where they stood with each other now. Could she really forgive someone who tried murdering her and her best friend? She then asked him, "How are you doing?"

         "Fine." He answered, "I- um- I've been taking my medication again as of recently. The weird thoughts are starting to go away. They're still there, but there's less of them. I've been eating more, which says a lot because the food here is disgusting."

        Olivia grinned, "That's good, you're making progress." She then pulled out the books from her bag. "Since you're feeling better, I've brought you books that you can read whenever you want."

         He skimmed through the pages of the three books. One of them was The Narrative of John Smith, another one was a philosophical book entitled What We Owe to Each Other, and finally the last book was one that sort of confused Devin. He held it up for Olivia to see and questioned it, "The Fault in our Stars?" He thought it was some sort of mistake.

         "Oh, yeah, Anna picked that out. She loves teen romance novels." She explained. "The first book was Spencer's pick and the second one was mine. By the way, Spencer and I are still together, so him getting you that book is not his way of flirting with you."

         Devin chuckled, "Oh, that sucks. For me, at least. Congratulations with your relationship. I hope one of you come out."

         "Devin."

         "I was joking." He defended himself. "Seriously, though, tell him I say hi and that I'm sorry."

"One more minute!" One of the guards announced.

"Where are you going after this?" He asked Liv.

"I'm hanging out with the team." She replied.

"I hope you have fun and um, again, I'm sorry. For everything." He apologized once more.

"It's okay, Devin. It's good to see you." She smiled.

         After the visit, Olivia drove to Rossi's house. When she arrived, Rossi walked her to the backyard where everyone was. The twins, along with Jack and Henry, were playing a game of tag as they run around the patches of grass. Liv immediately joined the conversation with the adults, Spencer's arm absentmindedly wrapping around her waist. The entire team were at Rossi's place for hours. After a while, Olivia left Spencer with Hotch and Morgan to talk with Anna, Emily, and JJ.

         JJ stepped aside to check on Henry and Emily went with her before making a joke. Just when the two women were walking away, Anna began laughing at the joke Emily made. Olivia quirked her eyebrows and glared at her best friend.

         "Oh my God, what is wrong with you?" She inquired, stifling a laugh.

         "I don't wanna talk about it." She said, before taking a sip from her glass of wine.

         Olivia gasped as a smile began to creep up on her, "You like Emily!" She whisper-yelled.

         Anna looked at the giddy woman beside her. "I don't know what you're talking about." She poorly lied.

         "Oh, yeah, okay." Liv drank some of her wine. "I just hope Rosie and Ollie know they're gonna get a new mommy."

        "Liv!" The blonde reprimanded. The apples of her cheeks immediately flushed.

         Olivia pointed at her and laughed, "I can see right through you. You're blushing!"

         Anna rolled her eyes at her as Spencer approached the two women. "How's my beautiful girlfriend and her best friend?" He kissed the temple of her forehead. The blonde looked at him, "Really? Your girlfriend's best friend? Is that what you reduced me to? Glad to know where I stand with you."

         "Oh, well, I- I- um-" Spencer stammered. Anna smiled at him, "I was joking, Spence. Love you like a brother. Anyway, I'm gonna go find Em." She left the couple alone.

         Spencer furrowed his eyebrows and pointed at the woman who walked away. He looked at Olivia, "Does she like Emily?" Olivia only nodded in response and said, "A lot." Spencer hummed at the new information. He noticed Olivia's gaze stayed on him, but he didn't know why. He then asked her, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

        "Nothing." She muttered. "I love you." She smiled at him.

        Reciprocating her expression, Spencer admitted, "I love you, too."

ANGIE'S NOTES ☺︎︎
this is for all the devin and anna stans. i love you
guys and you deserve better. i'm still sorry
for my actions in chapter 22🤗 pls take this
alternate chapter in a world where
devin and anna never died as a peace offering

go read the sequel for this book if you haven't
already! or don't! it's up to you!

i just wanna say thank you guys so much for
120k reads. that's actually insane. thank you
for all the love and support on adore you :)) i
appreciate more than anyone could ever
understand and I LOVE U ALL!!! WITH MY
ENTIRE HEART!!! i love each and every single
one of your comments. they're so funny and
i absolutely love reading them.

ALSO, i'm thinking re-publishing my louis
partridge fic, so let me know if you guys are
into that as well 😁 if you are, pls respond so
i can give you a dt in it :)))

have an amazing day, my loves and i'll see
you in the sequel, cherry :) (if you wanna read it
lol)
— angie + liv, spence, anna, and devin <3

have an amazing day, my loves and i'll seeyou in the sequel, cherry :) (if you wanna read itlol)— angie + liv, spence, anna, and devin <3