𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

❝ you promise? ❞

❝ you promise? ❞

         OLIVIA GRIFFINS AND anna edwards were in a government-owned black SUV, chasing an unknown subject that they've been tracking for weeks, arthur wyatt

         OLIVIA GRIFFINS AND anna edwards were in a government-owned black SUV, chasing an unknown subject that they've been tracking for weeks, arthur wyatt. arthur wyatt is a sadistic psychopath who has abducted and murdered 5 women. that they know of, at least. the flashing blue and red lights from the SUV lit up the dark neighborhood they were driving in. arthur wyatt's 2005 honda civic was cut off by the stop sign and cars driving by. the black SUVs stopped and the agents got out of the cars as arthur did as well, grabbing a pre-teen boy who was seated in the backseat of his car.

"arthur wyatt! put your hands up, FBI!" olivia pointed her gun towards him, as he was being surrounded by the other agents and the NYPD. olivia and her partner, anna, slowly walked closer towards arthur.

"don't come any closer!" he shouted. "or else the boy will die." his gun pointed to a boy's head as he held him.

"arthur, let him go and we can make sure you won't stay in prison longer than you would if you killed him." anna negotiated.

"hey blondie! what's the fun in negotiating with me?" he grinned at her.

"that is your son! devin, devin wyatt." olivia started, looking at the boy for a quick second, seeing no fear in his eyes, "he's only 13. if you kill him, you won't be able to see him grow up."

"i won't be able to see him grow up either way." arthur snapped. "do any of you have children, agents?"

"i do." anna spoke up, "and i love them more than anything else in the world. isn't that how you should feel about your son?"

"i guess both our children will grow up without a parental figure." he muttered, now moving to point his gun at anna. before pulling his trigger, olivia pulled hers, two shots firing in the shoulder of arthur's.

a few other agents took devin from his father, leading him to olivia. she walked him to a nearby police car. anna checked for arthur's pulse, but there was nothing. she glanced at olivia, shaking her head, implying he was gone. despite arthur wyatt being a terrible person, olivia always felt horrible whenever she shot an unsub and they didn't make it. she knows it isn't her fault, but she just couldn't help it.

         everyone was riding back into the police station. olivia sat with devin in the back of one of the police cars to make sure he was okay. the young brunette boy softly spoke up, "um, what's gonna happen to me?"

         olivia looked back at him. if she was being honest, she didn't know. but what she did know was that she wanted the best for him. "i think we're gonna have to put you in a foster care system." she replied quietly. liv wished it wasn't the only option, but it was.

         devin found comfort in the older woman. like the mother figure he never had, despite them only knowing each other for two minutes. something about olivia seemed so safe to him. after all, she did technically save his life from his manic father. after a few seconds of silence, the boy spoke up again, "will you visit me?"

         "yeah, if you want. i'll try to check up on you whenever i can. is that okay?" olivia responded. devin nodded his head before looking back up at the dark haired agent.

         "you promise?"

         "i promise."

         and with that, they rode to the police precinct. a few other agents interviewed devin, just in case he saw something his father did. despite arthur wyatt being a terrible, horrifying man, olivia felt some sort of remorse. she specifically felt bad for devin. he grew up without a mother, with an abusive father, and as the only child, with barely any contact with other kids. deep down, olivia knows she did the right thing. arthur wyatt was going to kill his own son. she saved him. and that was something she needed to know.

ANGIE'S NOTES ☺︎︎
hey, so i don't really know what the counterintelligence division does,
but this story is completely fictional.
therefore, we will pretend this is kind of
what this unit of the FBI does 😁

also the amount you guys have given
this book already is insane omg. I LOVE
YOU ALL AND HAVE A REMARKABLE
DAY BESTIES