I. Coffee & Proprosals

(Y/n) is utterly enamored with her husband. Just the thought of him brought butterflies to her stomach and heat to her cheeks. Despite being married for over a year already, every day felt like they were still in the honeymoon phase.

Immediately after they got married, Lucien swept her off her feet and took her to reside in his mansion in Italy, surrounded by greenery, giving her all his love and attention.

As an orphan, (y/n) grew up feeling abandoned, unloved, and surrounded by loneliness. When she turned nineteen and was kicked out of the orphanage with no way to defend herself, she started working at a small café around the corner, as the owner, Martha, felt nothing but empathy for the poor, shaking girl.

There was where she met Lucien, her current husband. It was practically love at first sight. Well, at least for Lucien.

Three years ago.

It was a chilly, winter night. The bell to the cafe's door chimed and two tall, handsome men adorned in black suits and ties walked to the cashier. The inside of the cafe contrasted the dark, coldness of the outside.

With a vintage-style theme, the booths were a cherry red color, complemented by white tables. The walls were alternating colors of turquoise blue and white. Bar stools lined the counter on the other side of the cashier, and neon signs were hung along the walls, illuminating the inside of the cafe. Quiet music was playing in the background, and the smell of pastries and coffee filled the warm air.

"Hey, Martha. We'll have the usual," came the voice of the brown-haired male.

Looking at his white-haired companion, he continues on. "Unless you want something else, Lucien?"

At the shake of his head, Martha rang up their order as the two men sat in a booth near the side of the café.

"The shipment should be completed by the end of this week. Unless those idiots manage to screw it up, again," the brown-haired male said, a slight accent in his vernacular.

The white-haired male looked out the window, reassuring him.

"Do not worry, Damien. They know the consequences if they do not do their job correctly," was all Lucien responded with.

"Umm, excuse me?" the most angelic voice rings out.

Turning his head to whoever spoke to him, Lucien froze at the sight of the (h/c) haired girl, adorned in a simple knitted, white long sleeve and leggings, with the café's apron tied around her waist. Hair done in two braids down the back of her head, and wide, (e/c) doe eyes stole his breath. Lucien could hear his heart pounding in his ears.

"Yes?" he heard his companion call out.

"Martha told me to come out here and tell you guys that she just ran out of creamer, and if just black coffee would be okay with you guys," she stammered out, shrinking back at their heavy stares.

"That would be fine," Lucien responds, cutting off Damien who was about to dispute, a slight smile on his face.

Nodding furiously, the (h/c) haired girl scurried off into the kitchen to relay the information.

Feeling his companion's wide-eyed stare and gaping mouth, Lucien raised an eyebrow at him.

"What? You should close your mouth before flies fly in, Damien."

Ignoring his remark, Damien exclaims, "You just smiled!"

"What's so surprising about that?" Lucien retorts, setting his elbow on the table and resting his chin on his hand, looking out the window.