(5) The beach

Write a description of a place you would like to go back to.

The scintillating sun mounted up into a cloudless heaven and reigned supreme like a king as it threw off a veil of golden rays in its radiant glory. The puffy, snow-white clouds drifted enjoyably against the serene blue sky, like limitless portraits of beauty.

As I strolled towards the beach and felt the soft, silky sand caressing my feet, my ears registered the gentle waves lapping placidly as well as the towering palm trees that swayed and rustled gently in the zephyr which were soothing to my ears. My hazel eyes were blinded by the light from the sun and as I looked across the ocean, I focused on the multitudes of sparkles that danced and shimmered across the sapphire waters. 

The wind caressed my autumnal auburn hair as well as my limbs and the waves were seriously beckoning me to go swim. Without hesitation, I ran at break-neck speed and dived into the turquoise waters. It was truly a magnificent sight as the underwater beauty was truly unrivalled. 

Kaleidoscopic, exotic fishes swam across me as they welcomed me to their territory and the vibrant coral reefs were splendidly highlighted by the cascading rays from the glorious sun. As I looked down, rows of lush seaweed danced and swirled in all directions as the water guided them along. I decided to make my way out of the water when I realised the water gradually turned into a bright hue of tangerine. 

As I emerged out from the water and walked towards the shore, dusk was approaching as the sun was setting inexorably at the horizon, tinging the sky in hues of orange, red and an underbelly of pink. 

The tropical birds were making their way home as they soared above me with their majestic crimson feathers. As I wanted to make my way home, I looked back to take one last look at the gorgeous scenery. When the silhouetted palm trees danced and were bidding me adieu, I knew that I had to come back here again because of Mother Nature's arresting and tranquil resplendence.