(2) An exciting moment

Write a narrative about an exciting moment in somebody's life.

A breath in, a breath out. Why did I agree to do this? The roar of the plane's engine was deafening to my ears and shivers chased up and down my spine as they mocked me. As I tilted my head to the right, I felt the biting, cold air blasting on my face as the large door of the plane opened wide, displaying a cloudless azure sky.

"Hey! It's almost time!" shouted Jane, my instructor.

I gulped hard and my palms were clammy; I wasn't ready at all. As I stood up, I heard my heartbeat echoing in my ears and my blood coursing through my veins. Jane was the polar opposite of me: determined, fearless, and strong - she was like a daredevil. She had long, voluminous hair that waved down and both of us wore the exact attire of charcoal black, except Jane had a backpack with her. I gave an exasperated sigh and felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm going to strap you in now!"

My breathing intensified as well as my pulse, Jane could probably hear it too as I was now attached to her by a suffocating belt. At this point, my intense fear began to melt the marrow of my bones.

"Next!" yelled the man in charge.

Reluctantly, I shuffled towards the plane's exit while I could feel the tinge of frustration rising to Jane's chest as she tried her best to push me forward as if she was battling my fears for me. As I stood at the edge of the door and looked down - my stomach did a somersault; I felt nauseous.

"Alright! You can jump now!" exclaimed the man with a thumbs up.

Oh no.

"This is it! One! Two!..." yelled Jane.

"Wait!" I screamed - but I was completely ignored.

"Three!"

My heart sank into the abyss.

We plummeted down from the plane and I screamed at the top of my lungs. My limbs were outstretched and out of control as they kept kicking in the air. I struggled to gasp and breathe for air. My heart was beating at its earnest. I tried to focus on my surroundings and I couldn't.

"We're almost there, we're almost there!" reassured Jane.

Suddenly, I jerked upwards like a puppet being pulled up by its string. Oh thank goodness, the nightmare was all over; the parachute opened. I could still feel the adrenaline flooding over my body but at least I got to admire the scenery around me.

On my left from a distance, I saw the alluring beauty of the mountain landscape and it was truly a sight to behold as the abundance of glistening rocks adorned throughout. Its glossy sides lit up in flame with a vibrancy of colours. I closed my eyes and gave out a sigh of relief, embracing the breeze that caressed on my face.

I looked down and I could see the ground slowly emerging and my feet felt jittery - I was ready for this.

"Touchdown!" exclaimed Jane.

As my feet felt the softness of the ground, I took off the belt and my legs ran freely to the direction of the wind as if they were broken by the chains of torture with my hands stretched out.

"We did it! Did I just do that? I want to do it again!" I shouted in excitement and ecstasy.

I was talking so fast that Jane started to burst out in laughter. If someone told me to go skydiving this time, I would definitely say: Yes.