(3) An object hidden outdoors

Describe an object you find hidden somewhere outdoors.

In its radiant glory, the orange ball of flame reigned supreme like a king as it mounted to an azure, cloudless heaven. Its glorious, golden rays poured down in an abundance of exquisiteness and richness, colouring the earth with sheer opulence. As I arrived in the forest, surrounded by a sea of towering trees, I breathed in the fresh and dewy air, which filled my lungs with satisfaction.

As I looked up, I saw the thick brown trunks branching upwards and exploding in a thicket of green, as well as the streaks of exuberant sunshine that highlighted the leaves like a halo of gold. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, I could hear the gentle rustling of the innumerable foliage, which was soothing to my ears. However, I was immediately interrupted by a faint ticking sound. My curiosity piqued and abruptly, my eyes opened and widened.

Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...

I cupped my ears to get a clearer sound, but my eyes wandered around simultaneously. My head tilted from left to right in a continuous loop and I gave a sigh: where was this ticking sound coming from? Although I clicked my tongue in feigned annoyance, I wasn't ready to give up just yet; I continued to look around. As I walked and circled my parameters, I felt the freshness and the lushness of the moss and dew seeping through my sneakers, followed by a soft breeze caressing my hair.

As I tilted my head to the left, the ticking sound gradually became greater, so I relied on my instincts and followed it. As the sound became more distinct, I found a thick bush that was partially hidden from the glorious brilliance of the sun, as if it was trying to hide its identity. However, that was where the ticking sound became crystal clear. So, as I continuously pushed the tiny leaves and branches away and knelt down, I was enticed in a blink of an eye to my discovery. It was a clock - but not just any normal clock.

Excitingly, I stretched my arm to grab it and as I held it in my hands to get a closer look, I was spellbound. Behind the basic numbers was a gorgeous backdrop of mountains which seemed to be glistening and glimmering as blankets of white snow adorned throughout. I also noticed a bed of glitter resting on the base inside the clock, so I gave it a shake, and saw the alluring beauty of the dazzling glitter dancing around like minuscule snowflakes.

Without realising time had passed, I noticed that the sky was coloured in hues of red and tangerine. Struggling to wrestle with my emotions, I was not sure if I should bring this unique clock back with me or put it back into the bush. With no more time to waste, I placed it back to where it belonged, surrounded by the darkness and covered by the secure greenery. Why? Maybe because if I do come back to this enchanting place of Mother Nature, I would like to experience everything all over again.