14

|| COURT ME ||
CHAPTER 14

A FRUSTATED NYX WAS SEEN walking down the halls towards the great hall, to have lunch

It was the day after the party and as she assumed, there were rumors.

Dozens of students gave her fearful and envied looks, while others asked her which love potion she used on the Riddle.
All she did was push them away and insult them in her head.
She concluded one thing, that was all Tom's fault.

Nyx understood it, she really did.
Tom wanted to protect her honor and put the perverse boy in his place, who touched her against her approval.
But why in Salazar's name, did he had so say that she was his girlfriend?

She got it, they went on a date together.
They had these moments that others could only wish for and these bond with each other that others would envy, but they weren't together.
Tom should ask her first.

The de Martel girl entered the great hall and instantly spotted the familiar group of boys, as she sat down next to Abraxas.
Tom frowned at her action since she always sits next to him and couldn't help but worry.
What did he do?

"Hello, my dearest friends. How are you all on this dreadful day?", she asked and poured herself a little juice in her goblet.

Abraxas snickered at her greeting and said," I am perfectly alright and so are the others. Of course we are good, especially after the show we received yesterday."

Tom nearly face palmed himself and sighed at the boy's dumbness.
Nyx already tensed at said subject when they ate breakfast and they just shouldn't bring it up again.

The black haired girl looked like she remembered something and turned towards the Riddle, who was already staring at her with a thoughtful look.
She narrowed her dark eyes at him and demanded," We need to talk after lunch."

All the boys eyes widened at this, it was awful when Nyx was angry at someone.
She wouldn't budge and make you feel so guilty, until you literally want to cry.
They all pitied the boy for a moment, while Tom swallowed a little.

Salazar, he hates it when her anger is directed towards him.
Don't get him wrong, seeing her angry gives him excitement, but not when it's anger for him.

"I have a free period. We both have in fact.", the Riddle answered eagerly and the girl nodded, while taking an apple from the fruit-basket.

They had lunch and after some time, the boys had to leave for their lessons, leaving Tom and Nyx alone.

Nyx's eyes met his and she was a little perplexed when she noticed that the boy looked like a sad puppy.
He looked like he was kicked by his owner after he did something bad.