𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑂𝑛𝑒

Start from the beginning

Ever since I met your father, I thought he was one, but he turned into a monster. A monster you needed a release from. You'll find someone you read your novels for so many years. Give you chills in your arms at first touch. Eyes that can read you. Listening to every word, witnessing every moment in your life. Arms comforting you... and a voice of your destiny, your soulmate will love you unconditionally.

From my last dying wish, I wish for the things you have given that I never had... Just know, I'll be with you every step of the way. Learning your education, being able to graduate, becoming a writer, and marrying the one from your heart. I love you, my darling. I know someday we'll see each other again for a very long, long time. Every time you breathe, and your heartbeat sounds, just you know you're living your life to possibilities. For the last time, I will love you forever.

Your Guardian Angel

Hands shaking, eyes are watering down on the letter. Holding my mom's necklace, and looking up to her, and smiling. "I love you, Mom..." As I wipe my tears, I put the letter back where it was. Between the pages of Pride and Prejudice.

I heard the knock on my door, and it was Leo. "Sis, may I come in?"

"Yes."

I hear him opening the door, and walk towards me. He sits down beside me as I'm drowning in thoughts. Thinking about Benjamin. "Hey... you should be walking down the altar by now. The sun is set..." Leo notices my silence, "What's wrong?"

"You were right about Benjamin... He had some skeletons in his closet, and it was revealed. You can say, I told you so..."

"Eh, I'll save it for another day..." I smile at Leo and he puts his arm around me, "I mean Benjamin is not the only one... It seems our perfect brother is having an affair."

"I know... Patrick. I heard him talking to her yesterday. How did you find out? Did you tell anyone?"

"No, I didn't. I read her text as I quote, 'I need you inside me.'" I make a disgusted face, "I know... it's grim. Seeing our brother... he had everything he wanted. Now he's gonna waste it?"

"People change, Leo... It's his decision..."

"Well, it's your turn. It's none of my business anymore. For you and Benjamin. I want you to be happy. So, what's your decision? For you and Benjamin?"

I look at Leo, looking at me, waiting for my answer... I have thought all about it. Benjamin's right, it was destiny for meeting each other. Falling in love. For better or worse... "I love him... all of him."

Leo grabs my hand and smiles at me, "Sister, we have a wedding to attend to..."

Leo helps me clean off the smudged makeup and my hair falls into place. I guess he has some skills in makeup and hair. One of the things I didn't know, but I'm telling you every day I learn something from him. Changing my shoes back into something new. My family including Della, Patrick, and Leo are in a panic. Getting me ready for my ceremony, a little late. As we arrived at the ceremony, the ceremony I always wanted. In the woods.

I see the guests attending, waiting for a bride walking down the altar. My family and I got out of the limo we rented for Benjamin and me. I see Benjamin, taking a view of the sunset by a creek in the woods. He hears us approaching him as I can read his lips from a distance, "Dahlia..."

Patrick approached Benjamin, of course, "I think we can all agree minimum fuss is desirable. No one wants a scene, least of all Dahlia." As I walk closely to Patrick, my eyes widen by what he's giving to Benjamin. MONEY... "This should get you a taxi out of here."