Chapter 38: Turning Tides

Start from the beginning

"But, Izumi," Midoriya interjected, "You can't! Your quirk isn't meant for healing other people. You'll just hurt yourself."

Ignoring his words of warning, Izumina held her hands over Aizawa's face, which seemed the most badly injured. "I heal fast. Now go."

"If you take his injuries onto yourself then you won't have the strength to teleport afterwards, let alone carry him!"

Izumina paid no mind to Midoriya as her hands glowed a soft shade of purple. As she concentrated on her quirk, her attention shifted to a raspy voice nearby. Glancing up, her eyes locked onto Shigaraki, whose face was uncovered as he muttered incoherently to himself. His gaze was fixated on the decrepit hand by his feet. Hastily, he covered his face with his own hand. In terms of paleness, there wasn't a huge difference between his own and the severed one. "It's no good... no good... I-I'm sorry, father."

Blood trickled down Izumina's forehead as her eyes narrowed. A coldness shrouded her as spite compelled action from her. Shigaraki reached for the hand, muttering curses at All Might for knocking him back when he'd saved the students. Before he could pick it up, Izumina shot a gust of wind in his direction and knocked it far away from him. Shigaraki sneered at her, scratching at his neck anxiously with his free hand as she smiled condescendingly at his gesture.

Izumina shifted her hands from Aizawa's face to his elbow, which looked to be crumbling. She rubbed her temple with the back of her hand as she struggled to keep her breathing steady. She withdrew her hands, the glow that emanated from them slowly dimming out of existence. She realized she had smeared blood across her hand and quickly wiped it off on her thigh.

"I stopped the bleeding... His wounds were too deep to heal completely, but this should be good for now." Izumina rubbed her elbow as she eyed Aizawa's state. She couldn't do any more for him without making herself a hindrance to the others. "Now, you guys need to hurry and get a move on."

"What about you," Midoriya questioned as he shakily brushed aside her hair and wiped the smeared blood from her forehead.

"I'll be fine," Izumina assured as she helped to hoist Aizawa over his shoulders and turned to Shigaraki. "You guys get a head start."

Before anyone could protest, Izumina teleported across the plaza to the fountain, where she had sent Shigaraki's severed hand. Shigaraki froze as she appeared out of thin air before him. She bent down and picked up the hand, masking her disgust as she turned it over and analyzed the rotting flesh of its palm.

"Don't touch him," Shigaraki squealed, his crackly voice harsh in Izumina's ears as he muttered profanities, "Put him down! Don't touch father!"

Izumina felt herself flinch but stood her ground nonetheless as she glanced over Shigaraki's shoulder. She watched as Midoriya spoke to All Might, likely catching him up on the situation. 'Good,' she thought, 'I can buy them some time...'

"Shigaraki, was it," Izumina questioned, "And you're Kurogiri, right?"

Kurogiri, caught off guard, took a moment before nodding his head. Shigaraki grit his teeth impatiently, unamused by her attempt at chit-chat. "What's it to you, brat?!"

Izumina gulped, "It's clear you know who I am... I feel it's only fair that I know who you people are too."

Shigaraki glared before lunging at Izumina with his arm outstretched. Just as he was about to make contact Izumina teleported. Rematerializing behind him, she faked a disinterested yawn to hide the fact that she'd winced at the sharp pain in her elbow. She could feel dampness against her side as blood soaked through the arm of her costume. It seemed Aizawa's injury had transferred partially to her. She'd suspected such. But hadn't anticipated for the wound on her to be so deep.