It's all because of the monster standing beside her.

"Come on, wifey, let's go to meet my brother-in-law," he said, as if he had read her thoughts.

She wiped her tears with the back of her palms and followed him.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Niya ran towards her brother and hugged him tightly, sobbing on his chest.

"Niya baby, why are you crying?" He asked, kissing her head.

She broke the hug and looked at him. His face and hands were covered with bruises. She slowly touched his bruises, fearing he would get hurt.

"They hurt yo-you," her voice broke.

Neil took her hands in his. "It's nothing..just small cuts. They are not hurting," he said, as if it was nothing but deep down they were hurting him a lot.

She harshly wiped her tears and held his hand. "Come with me, bro, I will treat your wounds." She started dragging him with her. Neil smiled, looking at her sister's concern, but it vanished when he looked at the person getting down from the car. His blood boiled looking at him.

Niya's legs also stopped moving when the reality hit her.

She gulped in fear.

"What is he doing here?" Neil said, fisting his hands, looking at Aryan, who was coming to them with an evil smirk on his lips.

"Hi, my loving brother-in-law," Aryan said, waving his hand.

Neil got confused hearing him.

Brother-in-law? Is he mad?

Neil just ignored him and held Niya's hand. "Come, Niya, let's go," he pulled her.

Aryan immediately stopped them, coming in front of them.

"What, Neil? Where are you taking my wife?" He asked, raising his brows. "Today is our first night, and you are taking her with you? It's not right, bro. Not fair," he said, making a fake sad face.

"Have you lost your mind, Aryan? What the hell are you are talking about?" He asked, gritting his teeth, still confused.

"Now don't tell me that my wife didn't tell you about our marriage," Aryan said.

Niya's eyes were fixed on the floor. She knew there were many questions she had to answer.

"What marriage? And what wife are you talking about, you moron?" Neil shouted in anger, grabbing his collar.

"Calm down, man, calm down," Aryan said, freeing his collar from his hold.

He then looked at Niya, who still hadn't said anything till now, "baby, didn't you invite your brother to our marriage?" He asked in a mocking tone.

Neil furrowed and looked at Niya.

"It's okay, baby. Maybe you forgot to invite your family," Aryan continued.

Neil was boiling in anger. He didn't know what's going on.

"Niya, what is he saying?" He asked Niya.

Niya slowly raised her head and looked at her brother, who was waiting for her answer.

"I asked you something, Niya!" He raised his voice.

Aryan was enjoying looking at them.

"Bro, it-its...we -" She tried to tell him, but words were not coming out of her mouth, fearing what Neil's reaction would be.