The Call of Death

Dark clouds part in the sky as the moon reveals itself bringing along the wrath of nature

A blood-curling scream is suddenly heard.
You get out of your bed and go to the window to check what happened. Only to be chilled to your bones. But that was natural. After all, who would suddenly see a mysterious creature attacking humans and not get scared?

Its hideous skin sagging, each orifice dripping blood, as the abrasions everywhere on its body ooze a thick black liquid rather than blood.
You watch in horror as the creature tears off a man's flesh and proceeds to consume it.
Only then does it strike you,
'The Apocalypse has started'

Separated from all forms of life and left to starve by yourself, as those heinous beasts roam the land, hunting for humans, you are terrified. Fortunately, you manage to arrange a survivable atmosphere for yourself. But that doesn't mean you live peacefully. Every day is a challenge filled with endangering tasks.
It's terror, to sneak into those derelict shops, trying to salvage something usable, and as always, you tiptoed towards the frozen food area of the mart, trying not to make any sound.
It is when you bend to pick up the can of peaches that you feel it.
The eerie sensation of someone watching you.
Sucking in a breath you turn around and come face to face with it.
Sunlen eyes, half of its teeth missing, the top of its brain, covered in grease and matted hair, dripping its own black blood, mixed with something which suspiciously looked like fresh human blood to you.
The zombie pounces.