Chapter Ninety-Seven: A Selfless Hand

Magsimula sa umpisa

I smiled softly, relaxing my body. I have played your game and satisfied your thirst for battle, but in that war that you're so fixated on, I am not part of it.

You may have treated me as your enemy, but I have never seen you as my rival. You weren't a person I was afraid of being a competition, because there was no contest in the first place. You gave me troubles and I got angry at you, to punish you for the terrible heartache you brought, but you never measured up to being my rival.

"I was never playing, Marcella." I answered.

Nanlaki ang mata niya sa sinabi ko at nabasa ko ang pagka-insulto doon. Getting insulted upon innocent words, she really has bad anger issues. And her jealousy runs deeply than June.

Marahas siyang huminga at itinaas ang sandata. "Player or not, I'll still be satisfied by your death."

The five-year old Finn would think of that as a nice gift because finally the loneliness would set her free. At makakasama na niya ang parents niya sa heaven.

The seven-year old Finn would accept that fate due to the heavy guilt and burden that was placed on her.

The Finn from a few cities ago would take that destiny in order to escape the death curse that's eating her heart and very being. Kukunin niya dahil gustong-gusto na niyang makaalis sa hellhole na ito.

But Sebastian's death made me realize something. Was it realization or was I finally numb from my emotions? I don't know how Renée died but it must have been sacrificial, considering her kindness. But Sebastian's death was of pure selfishness.

He had a choice. Renée mustn't have one.

But he gave up, not only on himself and the hope Renée had of him, but on us. He killed himself without even thinking that he still had two more pillars, two more people who's either in need of his guidance or could help him hold on. He was a weak man who didn't challenge the face of grief.

At ayoko 'yon.

Ayokong humiga lang dito at tanggapin ang galit ni Marcella kahit kaya ko pa.

If I can still move one finger, I can still fight. If I can't clearly see, then I have my ears. If the winds are confusing them, I have my perception. If I just look closely at my current availabilities and disregard all the liability, I can still stand up and fight.

I can still hold on and live.

Dahil ayokong iwan ang mga taong nasa likod ngayon ni Marcella. They were the people who didn't gave up on me. Who did have their share of mistakes, but made up for them.

The bright flame that was about to burn my skin was stopped by the abyss of shadows that escaped my dagger. Naglaban ang dalawang blade - my throwdagger and her sword one. Marcella's weapon looked magestic against a small blade like mine, but the shadows overpowered her intense flame.

And hands formed along the shadows, dividing until it reached ten copies. At sumabog ito.

Marcella was flown aback by the surge of power and the hand-shaped shadow that pushed her away. The remaining hands grabbed my friends and placed them ahead of us, sa mga bato na malapit na sa exit. Gumawa ako ng isang shadow barrier sa pagitan namin para hindi na niya ako mabalikan.