Chapter 2

Jasmine

"They aren't bad, right?" I asked for my own needed assurance, the nervousness pumping in and out of my veins made my movements slightly clumsy.

"Of course, they are not," Martha let out a small chuckle.

A small sigh escaped past my lips and my back muscles relaxed from the stiff posture, we got down the boat taking my luggage and the side bag full of art supplies hung on my shoulder; I couldn't live without painting, it was as necessary as water for me.

The rough surface underneath my laced boots felt bumpy, the smell of wind on this side of the city was different. My nostrils seemed to catch a few scents even I couldn't identify.

"Martha, Can you smell it?" I lightly nudged her arm while she was paying the bill to the boatman.

"Smell, what?" She questioned, looking confused.

"The scent the wind is carrying, it's different," I complied.

"Silly, girl," She lightly pinched my cheek causing me involuntarily let out a huff in Disturbance, "You've never been here, that's the reason you think that it's different."

Sighing and deciding to believe upon her sentence, I moved along with her toward the Road that soon started to get closer to Market.

"What are doing in the Market?" I questioned as we pushed past the crowd-- Here Identifying Vampires and Humans was easy. The clothing and Luxury was the only thing that'd made it possible, nobody seemed to bother in dividing their attention except for the few vampires whose lustful gaze fell on me, it was quite awkward to have the vampires staring at me--I hadn't met many vampires in my life but the guards that'd often come to our city were decent.

The carts with people moved their way, the white horse's fur shined under the sunlight. The man wearing a black hat remained seated whilst the other man made the horse move faster with a rough tug at the leash in his hand.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed a small group of people gathering around the blood collection spot. Nothing seemed misplaced or out of ordinary. Everyone seemed casual even though the red eyes of each Vampire were unnerving.

"You'll find it later," She responded, shunning my trail of thoughts.

"Okay,"

Soon I found us passing the Market and the long rows of buildings started, from the overly gorgeous ones to the totally simple ones. Each building's decoration was undeniably beautiful, of course, Vampires and Royals were wealthy than humans.

I'd barely recovered from my stunned state when the scenery in front of me unfolded like a dreamland. The Castle! Dark blue-grey stone walls, high towers with small slit-like windows, the long rows of horses stood at one side and the limos on the other side, hundreds of stairs lead to the entrance through the big gate that five men opened for us.

Never in my life, have I'd thought the Castle was this beautiful.

"What are you doing, come here!" Martha's usher snapped me out of my daze.

I hastily walked toward her and soon both of us made our way inside the castle. If I'd said the exterior was gorgeous then the interior was unbelievably elegant. From the Maron Carpets to the beautiful lightning and lastly the spacious rooms and windows--Everything was breathtakingly amazing.