14

Third Person's P.O.V
Xyrus Academy, an institution hailed as the most exalted sanctuary for any would-be-mage privileged enough to have both the background and talent to enter. A breeding ground of acclaimed scholars, guild members, leaders, royal guards and military powerhouses. Anyone who has made an impact in this world had ties with Xyrus Academy. That was the kind of fame this school held, an insurmountable titan compared to the countless other academies scattered over the continent. And standing at the helm of it all is the Academy's very own Director Goodsky.

Arthur and Director Goodsky stared at each other making everyone in the room anxious. "Nice to finally meet you, Arthur Leywin." Director Goodsky said as she held her hand in front of him. 'What is the proper social convention in a situation like this? Do I kiss her hand? Shake it?' Arthur thought as he stared at her hand. "Nice to meet you as well, Director." Arthur said as he reached his hands out to shake hers but before he could his mom grabbed his head. "I'm so sorry for my son's rude behavior, Director Goodsky." Alice said as she made him kneel to the floor and bow his head.

'What the--' Arthur thought when he knelt to the ground. "He's just returned home and is ignorant of formal customs." Alice continued as Arthur's stared tot he ground. 'Ugh... I hope this doesn't take long. I haven't eaten in hours.' Arthur thought hungrily with his mom's hand still on his head. "It's quite alright. If anything, I'm the rude one for intruding at such a late hour. But I couldn't refuse a favor from Vincent, after all his great contribution to Xyrus Academy." Director Goodsky said looking towards Vincent. "Please, I'm just helping out the Academy that I hope for my dear Lilia to one day attend." Vincent told her as he rubbed his head embarrassed.

Lilia looked at her dad before looking away while biting her lip. "It isn't very often that I take a house trio to see a potential student, but Vincent piqued my interest when he insisted that a prodigy of the highest caliber is currently living in his home." Director Goodsky said as she walked looking at Arthur. "Would you mind lending us an open space so I can see a demonstration?" She asked Tabitha who perked up before answering. "Oh, sure!" Tabitha responded as Arthur turned to speak.

"Erm, can I at least eat din-- Ouch!" Arthur shouted out as he felt his Alice pinched his cheek. "Arthur!" She whispered to him while pinching his cheek. "This way, Director Cynthia." Tabitha said as the exited the room with Vincent besides them. "Yes! We have a wonderful paved courtyard that'll be suitable!" Vincent said told her as the rest of them followed behind. "Looks like we won't be able to eat dinner anytime soon, Sylvie." Arthur said as both of their stomachs grumbled at the same time.

"Gyuu-" Sylvie said hoping out of Eleanor's hand while Arthur smile at her. "My... What a lovely Mana Beast. Is that your Father's contracted Beast?" Cynthia said noticing Sylvie. "No. Sylvie is my bond. She hatched just a few months ago." Arthur replied walking towards her besides Alistair and his mom. He was reluctant to follow but Alice dragged him by his color. "Interesting. Many nobles here purchase Mana Beasts to form a contract. But I've never seen a Mana Beast like Sylvie." Cynthia said as Sylvie didn't listen to what she was saying thinking about food.

"Her mother was some sort of scaled wolf with small wings. She was almost dead, protecting her egg when I stumbled into her nest. I guess I got lucky." Arthur replied nonchalantly. Cynthia stared at Sylvie silently as she listened to him. "Here we are!" Vincent said interrupting them as Cynthia turned towards the pair. They walked towards the center of the paved courtyard as Alistair gave his cousin a thumbs up. Arthur nodded before looking away. "Well, let's see if what Vincent said wasn't just an exaggeration. He mentioned that you were an Augmenter, but refused to tell me anything beyond that, saying it'll be a surprise." Cynthia spoke as she looked back at Arthur.

'The boy looks neither worried or scared. Is it confidence or arrogance that leaves him so collected?' Cynthia thought as she noticed he wasn't paying attention to her. 'I wonder what's going to be for dinner... I'm feeling grilled fish today...' Arthur thought the hunter making him wonder what they will eat. "She'll definitely be shocked when Arthur shows his fire and lightning magic! And he won't be able to burn this courtyard down like last time!" Vincent said feeling accomplished. "Do you not wish to arm yourself with a weapon at the very least?" She asked Arthur.