8

Arthur's P.O.V
"Regardless of whether anyone believes me, Rose... I mean Princess Rosalia has been returned safely. All I wish for now is to return back to my family in Saplin." I told them with a serious look in on my face as they stared back at me. "You're going to leave already, Art?!" Rose asked me as she stood up and looked at me with a sad expression on her face. "Knowing history, I don't think it's appropriate for a human to be inside this kingdom for too long, princess." I replied to Rose question as I scratched the back if my head nervously.

"Besides, my priority is too make sure my family is safe. And let them know that I'm okay as well." Arthur said to Rose as she looked down in her lap sadly. "Regardless of our two kingdoms' past, you have saved our daughter and taken the trouble to accompany her all the way back to us, which entitles you a benefitting reward..." King Alduin said as he looked at me while I looked at Rose. Her mother and sister pulled her into a hug as she wore a pout on her face. 'Cute.' I thought before I shook my head and listened to the king.

"Unfortunately, the teleportation gate linked with Saplin Kingdom is only accessible once every seven years, during the summit conference between the three races. It'll be another five years until the gate will open. However, we'd be happy to send a group of guards to escort you back home safely." King Alduin said as I looked away from him and turning back upon hearing that I'll be send home.

"I'd also like to extend our hospitality. Some of us are tolerant enough, but too many still hold grudges towards humans because of the war long ago. So for now, make yourself at home. We will have your escorts prepared by tomorrow morning." King Alduin said as the people in the room bowed their head to us. "Thank you." I said as I stood up and bowed towards him with a smile on my face.

The maids took me to the room as I looked at it. It sparkled in every corner because of how clean it is...cleaner than me. 'I'm too tired for this.' I thought as I went to the bathroom to clean myself because of how filthy I was. During the bath, I started to feel the pain in my chest again as I held onto the wall for support. 'Damn it! It's getting worse...' I thought as I held my chest whincing in pain. After getting dressed, I sat on the couch with the egg Sylvia gave me that was wrapped in her feather.

'I don't know what to do, Sylvia. I wish you were here to help me....' I thought before I heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" I shouted as I walked towards the door. I opened the door and saw Rose and her sister standing there. Rose's sister took a deep breath before ramming her head into my stomach as I hunched over in pain. "That's for causing my sister to be sad." Tessia told me as Rose ran to her. "Tessia!" Rose said as she held her sister when she stood straight. "Are you alright, Art?" she asked me as I nodded my head. She walked towards me and punched me in the arm.

"Oww!" I said as I grasped my arm that she punched. "You idiot! First you talk coldly to my family, and then you're going back already when you just got here!" She said as she looked down with a sad expression. "I wasn't being cold, Rose. I was being respectful because...you know... They're the King and Queen of this entire kingdom! Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked as she looked away from me bashfully. "... It never crossed my mind." she replied as she scratched her cheek while I swear dropped.

"Still... I don't want you to leave... You're the first...friend I've had..." Rose said as she looked to me with teary eyes. I smiled at her softly as I hugged her. "Come on, crybaby princess. Show me around the castle." I told her before I felt a scary aura behind me. Rose pulled away from me before she brought her sister closer to me. "Oh! Art, this is my big sister, Tessia Eralith. Tess, this is Arthur." Rose said as Tessia looked at me with a slight glare on her face. "Hi Tessia..." I told her slightly freaked out by the look she gave me. "Hello to you, Arthur." she said as Rose pulled us out of the room.