4

Referring to the unknown males in this chapter and the next as ugly 1,2,3 and 4. Also I'm letting Rosalia take Tessa's place in getting kidnapped.

Arthur's P.O.V
As I fell out the portal and hit the ground, I reached my hand out but it began to disappear. I stared up at the sky at the sound of birds chirping around me. 'She's gone.' I thought as I gritted my teeth as I cluched some grass. 'I'll never have the chance to see her again.' I thought as I let out an ear piercing scream, as the crows around me flew away. Hours past and I never fell asleep. I just continued looking at the sky as the memory of Sylvia dying came back.

'My mind swam with memories of the near four months I had spent with Sylvia. For a time that seemed both long and short, Sylvia had treated me like her own blood, teaching me the things that I had lacked since coming to this world.' I thought as I layed on my side trembling as I held my head. As I closed my eyes my eyes I felt something thumping, it only got louder until it was loud enough for me to pitch up. 'What's-' I thought before I was cut off by a voice.

"Ahem! Testing, testing... Ah, good! Hello, Art." I heard the voice say as I winced before I recognized it. "Sylvia?! Are you-" I began to say before I was cut off again. "This is Sylvia. If you're listening to this right now, it means I have shown you what I actually am..." she said as the look of hope on my face vanished as I heard her voice. 'I guess Sylvia managed to leave me a message earlier.' I thought sadly as I looked at the ground remembering when Sylvia bumped me with her mouth.

"As frustrating as it seems,  you're nowhere near ready for the whole truth. Your body is that of a boy that has barely passed four, and while your mana core has already progressed to the dark red stage, you're not strong enough. As a small parting gift, I have infused my unique 'will' onto you. Your future development as a mage will depend on how well you're able to use my gift." she said while I held my chest tightly looked away. 'Who asked for this gift. I'd rather have-" I thought as I was yet again cut off by Sylvia.

"Oh, and Art? I can imagine what you may be feeling right now. Sorrow, anger, grief... But remember that you have a family to look out for and a purpose to fulfill in this life whether it will come sooner or later. My only wish for you is to embrace the joys and innocence of childhood, and become a man of which both your parents and I can be proud. When your mana core is past the white stage, you will hear from me once more. At that time, I will explain everything. So, until then... I bid you farewell, King Grey." Sylvia said as the message ended. My eyes widened as she knew my name from my past life as I held the egg wrapped in her feather in my hand.

'Questions continued to pester me long after Sylvia's voice disappeared. How long did she know my identity? How did she even know? One thing was clear though. If I focused only on training for the sake of revenge, this life would hardly be any different from my last one. From now, I can only move forward. But first, where the hell an I?' I thought as I stared at my surroundings scratching my head after I put the egg in my pocket.

I spaced my foot apart as I absorb some mana as I made a dash to the tree in front of me dashing up the the tree until I reach a tall branch as I stand on it. I looked out at my surroundings as I tried to figure out where I am. 'Even with my mana, my vision is restricted,, but one thing is clear... I was deep within Elshire Forest.' I thought before I started jumping on the branches getting further away from here I was previously.

'Even just barely being able to use the mana rotation that Sylvia taught me, I'm able to use magic a lot longer. Still... I can't help but wonder how I ended up here. Sylvia said I would arrive near other humans. No matter, I'll just keep looking around. I'm getting pretty good at this tree-travelling business.' I thought as I stood on a branch like a monkey. Suddenly I heard someone shout from behind me causing me to perk up at the voice.'That sounded like a human!' I thought before I dashed in the direction I heard the scream.

'There!' I thought as I stood on a tree staring down at a carriage that was passing through the forest. 'Hopefully they can take me with them... Wait...' I thought as I jumped down the tree to get closer as I noticed something. I made it to a tree close enough for me to see as I hid behind it. My ears twitched as I picked up some sound coming from the wagon. "Someone-- mmph mmmhh!!" I heard a girl voice shouted before her voice was muffled. "Shut her up!" I heard another voice said before I heard something get hit causing my eyes to widen.

"Let's get ready to go. We're only a few days away from leaving this damned forest." Ugly 1 said as he stood in front of his men. "Hey, boss. Elf girls go for a lot. Don't they?" Ugly 2 said to his boss (Ugly 1). "She's a child too. So a virgin at that! She'll definitely fetch us a lot!" Ugly 3 said as he held his hands together while he licked his mouth (disgusting🤢). "Shut up and put her back in the cage already. We need to move." Ugly 1 said to his men.

I stood behind the tree looking down at them as my hand scratched the tree hearing what these people were saying. 'Slave traders!' I thought as I looked down at them as my face filled with horror looking at the girl that was unconscious inside one of those males arms.

Author's Note
Thank you to everyone who have read my books. I appreciate it but I would just like to say please don't ask me to update. I'm sorry but my focus is out of wack so sometimes I start writing but then I get distracted. That's why updates are so long. For all of my books actually. But still thank you again and I hope you enjoy.