The Nights of Bloomings

Start from the beginning

"It would also anger him to the point he would be targeting her and her people." Asterin sighed. She moved and sat on the long couch. "I cannot put her in that position. I really don't want to ask her, but I don't want to marry him."

"Have you talked to her about the engagement?"

"No. I haven't told her anything. I honestly didn't want Madeline to know but here I am." She raised her arms. "I have never felt so weak in my life."

"That's because you are far from being weak." Lady Winifred sat next to her. "You are strong, brave, and intelligent just like your mother." She grabbed her hand. "You are just like the snow that comes down on the court. Free, and with every passing second capable of doing something so different."

"Thank you. It means a lot to me." She gave her a hug. "At least this will be a party." She smiled.

"Now don't go too far off the rails though. You need a clear mind if you're going to do what King Gallo asked you to."

With that the two laughed and started to get ready again. It was going to be a beautiful journey and an even more beautiful night.

Madeline walked the halls early with Alexander next to her. They talked a little about politics, and how things were going with Mary back at home. When Alexander told her things had only gotten worse she felt her heart break.

"The people are rebelling against her. She is inciting fear into the people they don't want to trust her or you. They're afraid to leave their homes, and they're afraid for their lives. She said she was going to be tolerant of everyone, but she isn't. She's slaughtering them. Despite their religion, one wrong move and one wrong word they're dead."

"I'll write to her. I need her to understand she has to understand the dangers of this situation. I'll remind her of who she is." Madeline responded. "This doesn't seem like her." She sighed. "I'm worried about her." She added.

"We all are." He nodded. "We need to be careful about this." He added. "Approaching things will be slippery."

"I expect nothing else from politics." She responded.

Together they continued to walk through the castle. Smiling and nodding at everyone who bowed. The amount of people increased immensely. It felt almost too crowded for her liking, but this festival was always large. It was always like this because the Gallos always knew how to celebrate something.

"Princess Madeline!" King Gallo greeted her with open arms, like he always did. "Are you excited?"

"Very. It is good to take a break." She smiled. "It already looks so beautiful." She added.

"Yes, well it's not close to being done." He smiled in return. "I must take a leave. Ser Alexander." He bowed. "I'll see both of you tonight."

Once he was out of range Alexander leaned in and whispered. "He knows my name."

"Yes he does." Madeline added. "I have to get ready, and you should too." She smiled.

Walking back to her quarters. As she entered she saw Elise lining up a series of dresses. She sighed. She had to wear another dress. She wasn't used to wearing dresses so often and was getting very tired. She was looking forward to just ending the festival and returning to her comfortable armor.

"Oh good you're back. Which one would you like to wear tonight?" Elise smiled at her.

"I don't know. Which one looks more appropriate?" She asked. Watching Elise gesture to the golden dress she smiled. It was soft colored, and the material weaved, like a sash, over her shoulders. The chest was covered with a thin fabric, seen through. Underneath the sashes, there was an intricate design, almost representing flowers blooming, and a darker material falling down the dress. A little slit towards the bottom, while the sides smoothed. It was perfect. Elegant, soft, and nothing too extravagant. She smiled.