Three Princesses

Börja om från början

"I can't help who I fall in love with. Mary, you loved your husband. You loved him and you were lucky. You're the queen and you were lucky to love your husband." Madeline stepped forward.

"Yes, but even if I didn't love him I wouldn't have had a choice!" Mary responded. "Our jobs are to marry for political alliances. For our country! Not to marry for love!" She spoke. "People like us do not get leisure like love. Hence why I am married to Darnley."

"I think you're forgetting I am not a queen. I am merely your sister." Madeline responded.

"Maybe not. However, if something goes wrong and I am without an heir for my succession you are the next in line." Mary walked up.

"Who says I'll be here to take it?" Madeline straightened her back.

"Because I am your queen and I said so. You will not have my blessing, not now, not ever!" Mary yelled. "If you choose to be a secret then so be it, but one slip and I will not be able to protect you." Mary stepped closer. "I have been through this. It is dangerous, and you must watch your back."

"Well it's been some time and there have been no rumors." Madeline whispered. She turned back and walked out knowing her sister was going to respond with something. Hearing a small whisper she continued to walk. Entering the small outdoor courtyard she took in the large breath, smelling the potent flowers.

"You seem distraught." His light accent instantly released a group of butterflies. She smiled and felt her face flush.

"I told Mary." She turned and saw his doe eyes grow wider and darker. "She's not all that accepting, unfortunately."

"What's going to happen?" The panic in his voice was rich.

"Nothing. As long as we remain with how we have been approaching we will be fine. Mary won't agree to a public courting, or anything else. I won't let anything happen to you. That I promise."

A small sigh and the return of his beautiful doe eyes lit her face. Their silence filled the air between them. Silence or not she always felt comfortable. She just loved his presence. She wanted to wrap her hand in his as she began to walk but the prying eyes somewhere close would tell others. However, walking with the Queen's Guard leader was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Your highness." Another guard walked up to them. "Your sister requests your audience." He bowed and walked away.

"I don't understand." She spoke. "I just saw her." She looked at Alexander.

The two walked back to the throne room she walked in and saw her. The Queen, sitting down, waiting for Madeline's arrival. The click of shoes and sudden movement of hips bending to bow indicated she was there.

"Madeline." She spoke. This time she was more formal. Remaining in her chair as she watched her sister approach. "I need your assistance." She spoke. "You see, we have been invited to the formal Spring Ball, also known as the Nights of Bloomings. Except I cannot leave ryraq. The people still need their queen."

"So what does that mean?" Madeline looked at her.

"It means that we need someone to represent us. We need more alliances. Nescain is threatening our land, my reign. This could lead to another alliance." She spoke sternly.

"It means that I am going to go and hopefully negotiate an alliance." Madeline looked at her sister. "No need to dance around the topic. Where am I going?" She spoke.

"Monvir." Mary looked at her. "Alexander will be going with you. However, his job is to ensure an alliance amongst the guards. A better alliance amongst guards will ensure the better work of the nations on the battlefield should it come." Mary watched her sister as she shifted. She stood up and walked down the small steps that gave her leverage over everyone else in the room. She lowered her voice and responded, "This is diplomatic. Not a reason for you to lay with anyone, nor have any other adventure. Befriend the Princess, I heard she has her father wrapped around her little finger and he will do as she wishes."