Three Princesses

Madeline woke up. Ryraq had been thriving since her sister Mary had taken the throne from their father and returned home from Oshor. She called it 'their secret weapon'. She wasn't sure what that meant when she was younger, but as she grew up, she learned that it was meant to imply if Mary didn't want to do the hardest thing, take Nescain, then Madeline would. Their mother was a weasel, best said, and neither of them appreciated it. Madeline would never cause a war to take a throne she didn't want. She wanted their cousin to thrive and for them to be allies. However, her cousin scoffed at those proposals, and Madeline knew were wished were only fantasies.

Mary and her continued to write throughout their lives. They were close together and she was normally very open to her. She kept a few things to herself. Her love for the leader of the Queen's guard, her personal guard, Ser Alexander Cross. He was handsome, and there was no other like him. The two grew up as kids together and as they grew up, she watched him train, protect, tackle, and whatever else it took to do his job. Ever since they were kids, she had a tiny crush on him, but as she grew up every little movement he made while in the same room didn't go unnoticed. Every hitch of a breath, every shift of his feet, every blink, every subtle eye movement she knew.

She knew every feature of his. Every time a strand of brown hair fell out of place from the fine pulled back hair he always had neatly done. Every time he smirked at her when she faced off against a noble. The dimples that became apparent when he did or when he laughed. The way his eyes shined when he looked at her. He was beautiful, and everyone knew it. All the noble ladies flirted with him, and he was always so polite to them when they did. She would be lying if she didn't say she was jealous of their abilities to outright flirt with him without precautions.

Except she was able to see him in secret. A step up from the nobles. The first time he walked into her quarters and asked her if she needed anything. She smiled and politely told him he should turn in for the night. When he stayed a little longer she asked him if he needed something from her. She was scared for a second. She thought he had found a lady that intrigued him and he was going to ask for a small leave. She had seen him with one named Katherina not too long before. When he didn't say anything and stepped closer she felt the world was falling apart. When he kissed her Ryraq exploded.

Ever since the two of them kissed their relationship grew. In secret of course and she knew she was in the right place. She knew they were meant to be. The fact she was a princess would allow her to marry. She needed her sister's blessing of course, but she was sure she would let them. Mary was someone that was once in love herself. The two of them remained silent and decided they would until the day came where she talked to Mary about it.

The day definitely came. Madeline was going to finally talk to Mary. She was nervous but she knew she had to. She walked down their long hallways, twisting and turning. Everyone bowed as she walked by and she was forced to ignore it. She walked into the throne room and faced her sister.

"Madeline." Mary smiled as she stood from her throne and embraced her sister with open arms. "You normally don't come here, so why now?"

"I have something to talk to you about." She spoke. Madeline rubbed her hands together and took in a shaky breath.

"Well don't be shy, go on." Mary pushed her.

"It's about relationships." Madeline saw the surprise on her face as she turned around. "There's someone." She spoke.

"Really, who?"

"That's the thing. The person is someone who might not be approved of by people of our status." This caught her attention. Mary's eyes darkened as she looked into her sister's eyes.

"Who?" She said sternly.

"Alexander." Madeline looked down at her feet.

"You cannot be in love with a Queen's Guard." She spoke. Her voice was ice cold, but remained calm.