47. I Dont Wanna Be Me Anymore

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I hate to interrupt your moment, but Devyn is about to bleed out," Kiara spat, as Shoupe finally turned to look at her, eyes widening at her condition.

"Help her into the car," Shoupe instructed two officers, who stepped forward to do so, immediately sending Devyn into a panic.

"No, no. I wanna stay with JJ," she breathed out weakly, hands trembling horribly as she desperately tried to cling to her boyfriend.

"Hey, it's okay, I'll be right there with you," JJ did his best to soothe her, eyes full of fear at her deteriorating state.

After a little more arguing, two officers helped her into the backseat of a squad car, having to practically carry her. JJ got in with her, as promised, and Pope and Kie were taken in a different one.

"No hospitals," Devyn rasped, her head in the blonde's lap as he continually smoothed her hair, tears welling in his beautiful eyes.

"We have an ambulance and infirmary where we set up our base, we can take her there," Shoupe nodded to Bratcher, who obliged with a huff.

"You gotta stay awake for me, sunshine," JJ pleaded, his hand once again putting pressure on her wound. His eyes grew dark when he pulled his hand away, seeing that it had begun to bleed heavily once more, although he tried not to let her see his worry.

Devyn grunted in response as she lightly shook her head, her eyelids growing heavier with each breath she took.

The last thing she remembered was JJ's panicked pleas and trembling hands before the darkness took over entirely.

++++++++++++++

Everything was loud. Too loud. The overlapping plethora of voices is the first thing Devyn noticed, along with the heaviness in her chest. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, although they quickly clenched shut when she was met with a fluorescent light.

"Where's JJ?" She mumbled bewilderedly, trying to force her eyes open.

"I'm almost done," A female voice answered in return.

Devyn's head lolled forward as she was finally able to squint her eyes open, quickly realizing she was inside of a parked ambulance. Her gaze fluttered down, watching with slight nausea as the woman continued stitching her chest and shoulder closed. She was suddenly aware of all of it; the needle in her chest, the IV in her left arm, and the bag of blood that was hooked up to her right. Her head quickly snapped back against the gurney she was laying on, her jaw clenching as she returned to reality.

"I know, I know," the woman spoke, her raspy voice somewhat soothing. "Last one."

It was a few more moments before she was finished, and as soon as she declared she was done, Devyn bolted upright, trying to stand on her shaky legs.

"Woah, woah, woah," the woman put a soft hand on her good shoulder, stopping her movement. "You just got 42 stitches and you lost a lot of blood. You need to take it easy-"

"I don't care," Devyn grunted, slapping the woman's hand away as she managed to unsteadily stand. She ripped both needles out of her arms before the woman could protest, stepping down and out of the ambulance with a grunt, almost collapsing in the process.

She stumbled heavily as she walked, although the further she got, the more steady she became. She heard the annoying tone of Shoupe's voice and followed it, pausing in front of a large white tent. When she ripped the entrance open, all eyes were on her, Pope, Kiara, and JJ all quickly jumping to their feet.

"Woah!"

"What are you doing here?" JJ question frantically, both hands sliding around her waist to balance her as her knees momentarily gave out.