Chapter 1: We Begin with the Past

No-One's P.O.V.

Ambrose looked at his friend and fiancee with sadness and told them about the past from beginning to end.

~Flashback begins~

It started off when they were babes that barely could see their surrounding but still can hear it. Ambrose could still hear the screams of women at the place of their birth, while he and his sister Athanasia were laid down gently by one of the servants he heard a man's voice stating that he wonders how long they can live up to their names.  

Both Athanasia and Ambrose grew up in the care of their nanny Lilian (Lily) York, a noble who left her own family just to serve them. Lily told them whilst they grew up that both their parents loved them very much, and they will soon see their father and grow up under his love. That is what they hoped for, for much of their lives until Ambrose turned four years old and started to question rather or not their father loved them or not. It didn't take long for Ambrose to give up on waiting for their father to come for them and turn to his twin sister.

"I'm sorry, Athy, but I can't love someone who doesn't see us," Ambrose explained with tears starting to fall. "However, I'll give him one last chance to make it up to us, but that is it."

"Okay, Ams," Athanasia said with an equal amount of tears. "Just let me know when that chance is, alright?"

"Aye, I will." 

When they turned age six they both manifested their mana, however, Athanasia decided not to use her's out of fear of losing control. Ambrose had no concerns for it'll help him in the future as he explained to his sister. Ambrose was able to create light orbs to watch the outside of the palace, to see what all is happening which are some good and some bad. Not long after he was using his mana he met his divine beast, a phoenix (a legendary creature that is pure magic and holy), and possibly his sisters which he left alone since his sister doesn't want to use her mana. They even got tutors from Arlanta that Lily approved of, and they were both did perfectly in each subject that the tutors taught. One tutor, Ambrose considered his mentor or father figure, named Fredrick.

                                                           (Fredrick the Mentor/Father figure)                      

At the age of nine, the twins finally met their father outside of Garnet Palace where a banquet was being held that night. Their father was walking outside and saw them, but instead of greeting them with hugs, he sneered at them before leaving them there. Athanasia was amazed and didn't see the disgust in his eyes, while Ambrose who saw it clinched his fist.

 Athanasia was amazed and didn't see the disgust in his eyes, while Ambrose who saw it clinched his fist