There's no way ~ Quebec(f) x New York(m) ~ Fluff

Start from the beginning

"Pfft, please. She couldn't even reach my face." She responded with a laugh. I felt my face heat up again.

"Fair enough I guess." I said with a chuckle and a shrug. I could try turning it into a date... NO! I am NOT letting those dumba$$'s get into my head. We're friends. And we're hanging out. That's it.

"So what are we gonna do?" She asked.

"Ummm..." I looked around then back at her "You wanna grab a bite to eat?"

"Sure."

We walked down to one of my favourite restaurants in the city. We manage to grab a table and order our food. We sat there quietly for a bit.

"So, um, you had a meeting yesterday, right? How did that go?" I asked.

"Oui, I did have one. It went good for the most part."

"For the most part?"

"Alberta went into a fit insulting Mr. Trudeau again before she just stormed out and we called the meeting to a close." She said annoyed.

"Well, I know how that goes." I chuckled.

"It's ridiculous, she's holding a grudge from years ago."

"Reminds me of a certain brother of mine." She gave a small laugh.

"I suppose they're perfect for each other."

"That's for sure. They can hold grudges together now." We both shared a laugh.

"I still can't believe she actually ended up with him." Quebec shook her head.

"I mean, it's practically a match made in heaven, what's so unbelievable about it?" I raised an eye brow.

"Oh, I don't mean the fact they got together in general, more so just the fact she got together with him before I got together with someone." She gave a small giggle as she leaned back in her chair.

"Well I'm sure you could easily find someone. Most guys would say yes to a date with you at the drop of a hat." I teased. It's true though, guys fight each other just for a glance from her. I can't imagine it would be hard for her to find someone. She chuckled and sighed.

"That may be true but I don't want just some guy."

"Oh?"

"I want to actually be with some who I genuinely like, and who genuinely likes me. Most of those guys simply find me attractive. And while I appreciate the compliments I would also like them to actually like to know me." She shifted a bit. It seemed there was more she had to say about that but she seemed to be uncomfortable and decided against continuing that train of thought.

"I guess that makes sense, anyone you have in mind?" I asked, leaning back in my own chair. I don't really know if I want to know the answer to that. To late to change my mind though.

"Actually, there is someone." She leaned forward, placing her elbows on the table and intertwining her finger to form a platform for her chin to rest on. There was a light blush going across her cheeks. I could feel my own face heat up.

"Oh? Who is he?" I asked. I definitely don't want to know the answer to that. But once again, me and my big mouth.

"Why should I tell you?" She raised an eyebrow as she smirked. My face boiled even more.

"Come on, at least give me some hints." I joked. Hints might be better then a straight answer actually.

"Let's see..." She looked out the window as though she was gathering her thoughts. "He's significantly shorter then myself." She said.