Christmas shopping & cuddling & screaming & crying & cuddling.

"What about this babe?" Lizzie asked holding up a shirt,

"Whatever you think love," Jo tried to muster her happiest tone but she was exhausted, completely and utterly exhausted. They had been Christmas shopping for hours. How her pregnant wife wasn't tired was beyond her.

"Come on baby I want your honest opinion,"

"I like it,"

"But not for my Mom?"

"I didn't say that," Jo challenged

"Well, you didn't sound enthusiastic about it," 

Jo took a deep breath in an attempt to regain her composure before she spoke to her very emotionally fragile wife "I think whatever you think is the best," she went in to kiss Lizzie's forehead but Lizzie pulled away

"That is a lame attitude,"

"Lizzie, baby I'm tired."

"And you think I'm not?! I've been on my feet just as long as you have but unlike you, I have an extra 20 something fucking pounds hanging off the front of you!"

"Your right! Your right! Jo surrendered "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that,"

"Damn straight you shouldn't. Now come with me."

For the rest of the trip, Jo answered all of Lizzies questions with the "proper amount" of enthusiasm.

When they got back from shopping Jo carried all one thousand bags into the office before walking back in the living room where Lizzie stood her arms outstretched a terrified-looking Red hanging off of the "Baby?" Jo asked curiously "Whatcha doing with Red?"

"Jo she stinks. Can you please give her a bath? I'm going to puke."

Jo quickly walked closer to her wife taking the dogs from her hands "Yeah baby! You just relax."

Not soon after a squeaky clean red came running through the house at full speed. Lizzie laughed as the dog ran laps out of control. Jo walked into the room having changed into leggings and a t-shirt "Im going to go do some work. Do you need anything?" Jo asked

Lizzie looked up at her those doe eyes trapping Jo where she stood "I do need something,"

"What is that?" Jo asked with a gentle smile

"Your cuddles." Lizzie smiled patting the couch.

What monster would say no to that? Jo asked herself before she sat on the couch pulling lizzie down on top of her. Jo reached around gingerly holding Lizzie. Once Lizzie was asleep Jo gingerly and miraculously wiggled her way out from under Lizzie. She went and grabbed her laptop before sitting beside Lizzie doing her work.

Two hours later Lizzie woke up from her nap "Have a good nap?" Jo asked

"I gotta pee," Lizzie said annoyed, Jo let out a little smirk as her wife walked away before turning back to her work. "JOSEPHINE!" Jo threw her laptop off of her and found herself once again bounding over the couch as she ran towards her wife's voice, "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK"

"What?! What is it?! Is it the twins!!??" she asked out of breath

"Why the hell are my Christmas towels on the floor!?"

"Well I was giving Red a bath and she got some water on the floor." Jo had planned on washing them before Lizzie found out but then Lizzie called for her earlier and she never got a chance.

"Did you use our nice Christmas towels to dry the dog?" :Izzie asked through gritted teeth,

"No," Jo was terrified "I used them to clean the floor. I was going to wash them but then-"

"Then what?! Huh? I am so tired and and..." the anger quickly turned to tears "and I don't know why I'm yelling." Jo took a step forward scooping Lizzie into her arms "I know you would have washed them. I didn't know why I'm feeling like this? One minute I'm happy, then I'm sad, then I'm pissed at you, then I want to jump your bones."

Jo took Lizzie face into her hands "It's okay,"

"It's not okay! I never yelled at you! Now I yell at you almost every day."

"It's just the babies."

"Thats not an excuse,"

"I'm not saying it is. This isn't you Lizzie. Your body is preparing to do something pretty incredible and if I get yelled at a little here and there until that happens then I'm okay." Jo leaned down kissing the crown of Lizzie's head as Lizzie sniffled into her chest 

"Your too good for me."

"Nah baby you got it all twisted." Lizzie looked up at Jo again those big shiny doe eyes. Those eyes Jo prayed every day their children would get. "Turn around," Jo said gently, Lizzie gave Jo a questioning look "Just do it." Lizzie turned and when her back was pressed up against Jos Jo reached around lifting Lizzie's bump. Lizzie instantly let out a sob as her head flopped back onto Jo's shoulder. Jo kissed whatever part of Lizzie's head she could get . "I got you, babies," Jo whispered,

"It so much," Lizzie cried

"You." kiss "are" kiss "the" kiss "strongest" kiss "woman" kiss "I" kiss "know" kiss "I can't wait to meet kiss the amazing you have created. kiss "I can't wait to hold them and see them as watch them grow. What you are doing is amazing and if I could take all the unpleasantries from you and put them on myself but I cant. So, from now on whenever you need it you come find me, and i'll hold the twins as long as you need me to. You've been carrying enough on your own Mommy."

"I love you, Mama,"

"I love you more,"

"I love you most,"

"Never,"

"Never,"

"and we love you Olsen babies,"

"Always,"