Chapter 15- One's Betrayal

We had gotten to the dock a week later upon hearing a man called John Stanley was murdered. The body was found by a young boy that was with his grandfather on the Thames. We walked away after we learned the body didn't have any personal belongings on it.

Ashe earlier that day had come to Ciel at the Phantomhive Estate, The Queen wanted Ciel to find whatever John's body had on his person and destroy it odd request i thought. We made our way to Lau's opium den, the pungent smell almost made me vomit 

"Why my young lord its odd that we should meet in this place" he started we were led upstairs to talk away from the stuffy atmosphere "there is a new drug on the market called Lady Blanc and apparently its being disguised as candy" Lau started i let the rest of them talk while i stared outside.

Even now, i felt that cursed angel's presence but where could she be so  things can be finished? We went back to the Phantomhive manor where we just encountered the servants who explained that after getting supplies a woman gave them candies from Funtom. The real Tanaka looked at the candy after the wrapper was taken off "this is no candy made by the Funtom Company, our Quality control doesn't do shabby work like this" 

he licked it but immediately turned back to the tea drinking Tanaka. "Sebastian what is that?" i stared at the small white lump on the floor, my brother sniffed it "its a narcotic possibly the new drug thats going around" 

I went with Ciel and Sebastian who was making the carriage horses gallop. We were heading to the sweets factory knowing full well that the Lady Blanc drug shouldn't of been in his factory. Ciel and Sebastian were arrested by Inspector Abberline but because i wasn't involved with the drug i was free to go "no! where my brother goes i go" i insisted not believing this "you weren't involved Selcura" Abberline told me 

"what are the charges and whatever they are i can assure you they are innocent" the fire in my eyes must of been apparent because Abberline told me what they were "we found large amounts of Lady Blanc in Ciel's factory, its safe to say hes been partnering with Lau in distributing this drug" I shook my head "and where is Lau why aren't you arresting him?" Ciel asked "we did try to arrest him but now he is on the run with a few casualties" 

Sir Randall came soon brandishing a gun on Ciel stating his orders came from Ashe, Ashe told Randall separate Ciel from Sebastian and to execute Lau for his crimes. "NO! Brother!" i yelled when policemen held me back, i was forced to watch them arrest Sebastian and Ciel. I had managed to get free to hug him "watch over my master until I'm free, don't let any harm come to him" i looked at Sebastian with tears falling down my eyes "i will, i promise you" Randall yanked me back violently.

I went after Ciel while my brother was taken to the Tower of London. The next morning seemed not so cheerful i demanded i stay with Ciel so i was locked up with him in a quaint little room that had a small table with two chairs. Ciel thought it was Sebastian serving him tea but in truth it was Inspector Abberline. 

"Inspector if it is all possible can i see my brother?" i asked interrupting the two talking, i didn't care if i was being rude, i was angry. "Why would you want to see him? its no place for a lady of your standards to stand witness" Abberline asked quite shocked  i rolled my eyes and looked out the window. In then end Inspector Abberline was committed to help Ciel and I out.

I went towards where my brother was being kept despite what Abberline said. I was shivering from pain of course i knew Sebastian, he was brave didn't feel no pain something that made demon siblings an oddity. Before Sebastian returned to the manor with Ciel i felt a pain unimaginable like i had been shot with multiple bullets yet no wounds or even now i felt the sting of a whip lash across my front and not just one lash either. Even when we first dealt with Grell, i felt the cutting blade of his death scythe thought it had cut Sebastian.

What i'm trying to point out that if a sibling is older then the other the younger sibling which is me feels all the pain for the older sibling. If Sebastian were to say be stabbed with a sword he wouldn't feel it but i would. He always apologized thought so i didn't hate him for my burden.

I hid in the basement waiting for my opportune time to free Sebastian, sure he could free himself but it was basically repaying him for being there all those years ago before his first contract. I winced when i saw Angela whipping my brother, all she wanted was Ciel and from the sounds of it she also wanted Sebastian to join her and in doing so when the apocalypse started he would have all the souls he wanted. Sebastian refused, he waited for 2 years until Ciel's revenge was complete why would he join a sadistic angel?

When she had left, the gruesome master of the torture chamber was about to poke Sebastian with a hot iron, i cringed knowing that would have hurt me more then it would him. "At last" i looked at my brother who opened his good eye and started to chuckle.

The torture master looked surprised when Sebastian broke free but when he turned around he saw me my bat wings were out eyes glowing. The man didn't have time to scream until my wing cut through him "you are being summoned?" i asked "indeed, im sorry for all the pain i just caused you" Sebastian apologized i nodded in acknowledgement. His clothes repaired themselves and the cuts healed making my brother look as good as new, he picked me up and took me where Ciel was which was in a carriage.

Ciel was wearing his poor boy clothes that he had worn during that night his aunt was killed by Grell. With my help Sebastian managed to knock out the men that were shooting at the carriage even the man in charge "your late" Ciel simply said after he got out "terribly sorry sir won't happen again but you kept me waiting as well" i shook my head in disapproval "and you disappeared too Selcura" was he kidding? "well I'm sorry your highness its hard to not do anything when i knew i could plus i was feeling every pain that my brother should have felt" i huffed placing my hands on my hips, Ciel just looked at me stunned then at Sebastian "its a demon sibling thing my lord, she absorbs all the pain i would have felt its a horrible burden she carries" Sebastian explained and Ciel only nodded

We went after Lau while Abberline accompanied us. First, Ciel and Sebastian went to a castle and ordered cannons to be fired at Lau's ship. I went with the inspector onto the ship, Ciel and Sebastian joined us eventually but were attacked by Ran Mao. 

Ciel ran out with Lau behind him brandishing a sword, Lau noted that Sebastian was no ordinary human due to the fact that he matched Ran Mao's strength but Abberline being the fool intercepted Lau's sword when he attacked Ciel.

"Abberline!" i cried he fell to the deck blood spilling out of his mouth while Lau tried again to kill Ciel but was stopped by my brother catching the sword in both of his gloved hands, the sword was pushed away and Lau escaped wounded with Ran Mao while the ship burned. He also stated before he jumped off the ship was that Ciel won with virtue.

"Hang on Abberline don't die on me!" i heard Ciel plead but the wound was too great, the inspector lost too much blood but he slowly died with a smile on his lips. As a custom in my world if a demon is murdered someone of the opposite gender would kiss each closed eyelid as a sign of a blessing and hope for reincarnation and that's what i did. 

Ciel turned to Sebastian and slapped him stating that his life was in danger, that Sebastian disobeyed the rules of the contract but he merely stated Ciel was safe knowing that Abberline would block the swords blow which earned him another slap something i agreed with. Sebastian did deserve to be slapped for that comment

"Abberline you fool" Ciel sounded like he was going to cry "yes what a fool" Sebastian agreed but he sounded angry and something told me he wasn't calling Abberline a fool