Chapter 35: Spilling the tea

Start from the beginning

'Yup. Tell.' Her voice wisps through my head, airy and light.

'Why must you all have good consciences?' I groan bitterly at the three fussers.

"We can't chat here, come on." I speak out loud to Blaze and walk off, grabbing my coat off the rack by the door and throwing it on then pull my boots on over the top. It may be warm but there's still a chill in the morning air.

The whole house is still in bed as Blaze and I walk out the front door with Titan and Whisp following closely behind. Our little party cross over to the edge of the lake and look out at the blue water rippling along with the wind. The trees sway gently along with the breeze, it carries the scent of blossoming flowers.

"So... whats up?" Blaze keeps his gaze out across the water. "Are you pregnant? I'll support you if you are."

I chuckle lightly, he's attempting to break the tension.

"How'd you guess?" I turn and widen my eyes as I look at him, "Do I look like I have a fat stomach? Am I glowing? Oh no... do I smell?" I drop my mouth open looking offended and disgusted.

"No... no! I was just... I'm sorry. Who's the fath-" Blaze stammers over his words.

"Oh my gods," I wipe the tears off my face, I can feel the redness from laughing so hard. "I'm not pregnant, bro." I smile but shake my head.

"Oh thank god, I didn't want to beat up someone." He laughs relieved.

'His face... Oh my gods, that was amazing.' Juniper howls with laughter, making me crack another smile before my face turns serious. I look up at the dragon riders practising, some in groups others solo.

"Look Blaze, I'll just spit it out." I turn so i'm fully facing him, realising this is important he looks at me, his golden lion eyes search mine for a hint of what's happening.

"Have you heard of the prophecies of three?" I rub my temple when he shakes his head cluelessly. "It's about three siblings or two sisters and another person of closeness like a brother. It prophecies that the three will meet and bond, they will gain three powerful dragons and in a cadre of ten they will win the war against an unknown threat." As I speak Blaze's eyes widen in more and more fear and realisation dawns on him.

"You and Lark and the sisters, therefore who's the guy... the brother?" Blaze questions.

"We believe it's Kyle, however he isn't our brother, Uncle Jer knows who my father is, I think he would've said if it was the King." My voice wavers as I speak.

"True, the prophecy could come true in years though. Why are you so worried?" Blaze attempts to hide his alarm but I know him to well.

"The thing with Leon and Grayhem proved it." I whisper, my eyes dart to the left and I notice a figure in the tree line. "Sh*t." I grumble.

"What?" Blaze looks at me his concern etched into his deep voice.

"This is what, Elijah get out of the trees and come here." I growl loudly making Blaze flinch back although the growl wasn't even slightly aimed at him.

The figure comes closer revealing Elijah, his hair messy and his eyes stern.

"Why didn't you tell any of us?" Elijah accuses as he walks over.

I just roll my eyes and face the two guys in front of me. "A. You wouldn't have believed me, B. I was still processing, and C. It didn't concern you, or anyone else yet." I grit my teeth trying to stay calm, my jaw clenches and I breathe deeply. Why does he affect me so much, stupid Alpha.

"Whatever, I've heard the prophecies all my life Ria, they aren't good." Elijah mutters and sits down beside me on the other side to Blaze.

"Also what Leon and Grayhem event?" Blaze looks between Ej and I.