"No, no, no!" He exclaims, "I'm not an orphan! I'm just staying with my uncle while my parents are out of town. He actually works the night shift so I'm pretty sure I would have ordered fast food or something." He gives her a smile. "Homemade food would be lovely, thank you."

"Oh," she breaths a sigh of relief, "I almost had a panic attack just then"

Getting an idea, I look over at him. "Akashi, why don't you stay for the night? I'm sure it'll be lonely at your uncle's while he's at work, plus we can hang out longer." Turning to mother, I smile brightly. "That shouldn't be a problem, right mom?"

Clapping her hands together, she smiles happily. "That sound like a brilliant idea! You can even stay in one of the boys room too."

Smiling shyly, Akashi rubs the back of his neck. "That's really nice of you guys, I'd love to stay"

Walking away, mom calls over her shoulder. "Let me just go prepare dinner"

I turn to Akashi and give him a smile. "You can stay in my room, we'll hang out all night."

Thump! Looking over, Onii-chan had fallen on the floor.

"How about we all hang out together tonight?!" He looks at us with wide eyes. "We could all sleep in the living room with extra blankets!"

Giving him a sly look, I nod. "Sure, Onii-chan. Whatever you say~"

We spend the remainder of the day chatting and playing video games until dinner comes around.

We all sit at the table waiting for Oyaji to come inside from the temple, he hasn't met Akashi yet.

"Ryota, could you be a dear and get your father for me?" Mother asks as she sets down the plates

I open my mouth to reply when Oyaji himself comes into the dining room.

"No need, no need. I'm right here" he says sitting down at the table. "Honestly, Rinko dear, have more faith in your loving husband" he teases.

Mom just raises an eyebrow and shakes her head. "Well, loving husband of mine, we have a guest and it's rude to keep them waiting."

It was then that Oyaji noticed Akashi. Giving him a grin, he waves to him. "Hey there! Sorry about that."

Akashi shames his head and smiles politely. "No need, I don't mind at all."

Pleased, Oyaji grins at Rinko. "Hear that, he didn't mind." Turning to Akashi again, he holds out his hand. "Echizen Nanjiroh, nice to meet you."

Smiling, Akashi shakes his hand. "Yunoto Akashi, nice to meet you sir."

Grinning even more, Oyaji elbows Ryoma. "Here that? He calls me 'sir', why can't you call me that?"

Glaring at him, Onii-chan just crosses his arms. "There's no way I'm calling you 'sir', you perverted monk."

With a flick of her wrist, mother hits Onii-chan in the hand with her slipper again.

"Ow! What was that for, woman?" He exclaimed, rubbing his head.

Smiling peacefully, mother starts to serve us the food. "No need to yell, we want to make a good impression on Ryota's friend."

Grumbling, Onii-chan starts to eat while Oyaji raises an eyebrow at Akashi.

"You go to school with my son?" He asks.

"Yes, sir. We have almost every class together." Akashi informes.

Nodding his head, Oyaji begins to eat as well. "What do you think of gays?"

I was in the middle of drinking my water when he had said that. In my shock I ended up choking on the water.

"Ryota? You ok?" Akashi asks me, rubbing my back as if to help me.

Nodding, I wave my hand. "Y-yeah, I'm fine."

Reassured, Akashi turns to my dad. "I don't think I understand your question, sir."

Oyaji just waved his hand. "What do you think of them, in general terms."

He hesitats a bit before answering. "Well...I don't know. I have answer couple of gay family members and they're like everyone else. I don't think that gays should be discriminated for loving someone of the same sex." He shrugs and continues eating. "I'm mean, I don't think anyone has a right to judge someone just for loving someone." Smiling, he looks at Oyaji. "Don't you think?"

Happiness washes over me at Akashi's words. Not even realizing what I was doing, I lean over and hug him tightly.

He seemed shocked for a second, but then hugs me back and continues talking.

"Besides, if I had discriminated Ryota for being gay, then I never would have ended up having a great friend."

Tears pooled in my eyes at those words. Pulling back, I look to see him smiling softly. "You knew I was gay?" I ask.

Nodding, he reaches over and ruffles my hair. "Of course I did, you can't hide much from me." Rolling his eyes, he shakes his head. "That's why I panicked when you were alone with Atobe. Like hell I would let him take advantage of you." Turning to Ryoma and Oyaji, he smiles. "So, did I pass your test?"

Looking over at Oyaji and Onii-chan, I was pleased at what I saw. Oyaji was looking at Akashi with a proud look in his eyes and Onii-chan was...blushing?!

I was completely shocked, not only had Akashi pleased my father in under 10 minutes, but also made Onii-chan blush.

Glancing up at him, I smile to myself.

'Yeah, he's definitely staying'