𝟎𝟐 . . . sorry, my jaw's still clicking

𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴  ₊❏ ❜  TWO

𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴 ₊❏ ❜ TWO

IT WAS EARLY MORNING at the Salvatore School, but this one has been marked by an unusual anticipation in the air

IT WAS EARLY MORNING at the Salvatore School, but this one has been marked by an unusual anticipation in the air. The annual flag football game with Mystic Falls High was afoot and students were taking it with varying degrees of excitement.

"Are you eating?" MacKenzie remarked, breaking the surface of the lake to meet Theodora at the shore line, where the vampire sat cross-legged with a bowl in her lap.

Theo shrugged, spoon hanging from her mouth. "Not blood, if you're wondering." MacKenzie furrowed her brows. "Eating helps curb the actual hunger so, yes, I'm eating."

MacKenzie blinked, craning her head to peer over the rim of the bowl. "Cookie dough?"

"I made some, I'm not wasting it."

"It's breakfast."

Theo shrugged again. "Time is...a social construct, really."

"Bold words from a girl who didn't sleep last night."

"And it's not like it's going to give me salmonella," Theo said pointedly, eating another spoonful. "And no, I'm not sharing." MacKenzie shook her head and dipped back underneath the water.

The water tended to fill her with a sense of calm—the kind of calm she enjoyed having in the morning before enduring the rest of the day.

After several more pensive moments, MacKenzie soon got out and dried off, with her and Theo heading back up to the school—the latter clutching her now empty bowl to her chest.

"Flag football, seriously?" Theo questioned incredulously as MacKenzie explained the day's fateful events. "It could've been anything and flag football was the winner?"

MacKenzie chuckled. "I'm just saying, the Mystic Falls kids take it really seriously. And they always win." She bit out a sigh. "Not that we're really trying,"