06|JOINT forces

We all dream one day we be kings and queens My nigga made it, we just young, living the dream

///

APRIL 12, 2016

JUST like her cousin asked for, Cayla brought the items that Jaytee asked of her to purchase for him. She entered into his empty warehouse where she was told to meet him that afternoon, two bags in each hand.

"Cuz!" He grinned upon seeing Cayla and met her halfway.

"Here's yo' shit. The bats are in the trunk of my car."

"A'ight. I'ma get 'em," he told her, reaching into his pocket and pulling out two one hundred bills. "This is what I owe you and a lil extra to add for the help. Thanks."

Cayla takes the money from him and places it inside of her bra. "Don't thank me just yet."

SHE had been thinking. Since her run in with Jireh at Black Beach yesterday, inboxing Michael on Instagram, and buying the items Jaytee asked her to get, she came to realize that she honestly wanted no parts in his bullshit. She never cared for Jireh since the very beginning but in the same breath, she wasn't gaining anything by helping Jaytee with his plan. This was not her battle to fight. If he wants to do crazy shit behind a girl that doesn't want him, he'd have to learn the hard way.

"Why you say that?" Jaytee queried after a moment of silence, looking into the two Lowe's bags full of spray paint cans of every color.

"'Cause you on your own, nigga."

Jaytee's eyes quickly averted from the bags and onto her. "So you want out? After all the shit we done talked 'bout you want out? What about that nigga playin' you, Cayla? Huh?"

She rolled her eyes. "I can handle that situation on my own. But what you got in mind is all on you. I helped enough. The rest is on you and ya crew."

Jaytee just smiled with a shake of his head. "You know what? It's all good. You can see yourself out."

CAYLA stood there for a while longer contemplating whether to say something smart but decided against it. She turned on her heels, leaving Jaytee alone who quickly pulled out his phone. Moments later Cayla returned with four metal bats and threw them on the floor as the rolled in opposite directions. Once she left again and for good, he called up his right hand man.

"June? Yeah, wassup. Listen, I need you to get the crew together for a meeting today... Yeah, I got some shit to run by y'all... Oh, what it is? ...let's just say somebody's 'bout to be outta business soon..."

///

"Where have you been every weekend?" Stephen, Jireh's father asked. "You haven't been over to see me or ya mother."

A laugh slips from Jireh's mouth while ahe relaxed on the sofa with her feet propped on the table before her. "Daddy, I see you everyday at work."

"But not ya mother though."

Jireh could not argue with that and wasn't going to try. "You're right. Where is she anyway?"

"At the clinic today. Got called in on her off day. But honestly, baby, I called to see what was new that's been occupying your time these days. I've noticed how every Wednesday you've been returning from break ten to fifteen minutes late. I swear if I ain't know any better some lil boy got your head in the clouds."