First Kiss (A)

A/N: Hi, guys! This is a different style of writing (it's how my friend writes) and I thought I'd try it. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but it's short. Yup, short and sweet. I was being really lazy, but I think I captured their chemistry okay-ish. Tell me what you guys think! Happy reading! 😊

Disclaimer: I don't own anything that isn't mine. 😋

Warning: Nothing, just get ready for a ton of Gweter cuteness. 😍

Requested by HydrodragonY31

"He's trying to help. He's trying to do something the police can't."

"Something the police can't?"

"I don't know."

"What do you think we do? Sit around eating doughnuts with our thumbs planted up our a-"

"Daddy."

This was a nightmare. Of course this would happen. Gwen was fully aware of her father's stubborn nature and also of Peter's. She should have expected this.

The one thing Gwen didn't understand was why Peter was defending that spider guy. It was almost like...no. He couldn't be; that would be ridiculous -- and not to mention impossible.

"I wear a badge. This guy wears a mask like an outlaw. He's hunting down criminals that all look the same like he's got some personal vendetta, but he's not protecting innocent people, Mr. Parker."

Gwen glanced at Peter. He looked way more hurt than he should have.

"Let's get some air, Peter."

She stood up and left the table with Peter doing the same. She heard him mumble apologies and goodbyes, but she didn't look back.

She made her way to the rooftop. That was where she usually went to clear her head, and she thought it might work for Peter too.

"Well...that was something," she said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I thought he was gonna arrest me at one point," he chuckled.

"No, I wouldn't let him arrest you."

Did his eyes always have that sparkle?

"I wanna tell you something."

"Okay."

Oh my God. Oh my God. This was really happening.

"I've been bitten."

Um...what?

"So have I."

"Okay. Okay, okay, okay, I gotta tell you this one thing. I gotta tell you this one thing about...the vigilante and the car thief."

Oh.

"Okay, what?"

"No, no, no, I don't wanna talk about that. Forget that. I won't talk about that. I'm gonna talk about me, okay?"

Now we're getting somewhere.

"What about you?"

"It's...I wish I could just..."

Normally, Gwen thought Peter being his awkward nerdy self was adorable, but now, she wished he could just tell her what he was thinking.

"Just say it."

"I don't know."

"Say it. What? What?"

Peter hesitated and Gwen realized that she couldn't win. He wasn't hers, and it didn't seem like he wanted to be.

"Okay, then forget it."

Thwip.

Suddenly, Gwen was pulled back into Peter's strong arms. She gasped and peeked down to see a...web.

"You...you're-"

"Shut up."

Then she went silent. Everything went silent. For a moment, she couldn't figure out why.

Then he tried to pull away.

She wrapped her arms around his neck to bring him closer, and he complied, hand stroking her cheek and kissing her more passionately.

They seemed to be meant for each other. Gwen had never kissed anyone else before, but she was sure that this was something more. Something you don't get to experience with just anyone. Something she only thought existed in fairytales. Something perfect. Something amazing.