Two - "No... we won't be able to."

En başından başla

I walked back to my room in a towel, I knew that someone would have left a change of clothes for me. I kept one hand under the towel as it held my gun and the hard drive, I wasn't going to let either out of my sight.

I walked into my room and spotted a maroon shirt that looked a size too big and grey jeans which must have been a donation from Abnegation. I looked at my vanity and held the top over me. Seeing colour against my skin was something I had grown uncomfortable towards, it showed nothing was miraculous about me, and it didn't bring out the colour of anything. My H/c hair looked one colour and my eyes had became blander. My eyes began to water as I looked at myself, nothing looked right. Not even the black against my skin which I had gotten used to.

I sat down on the bed and gripped at the red shirt. My back shook as my throat tightened. I put a hand over my mouth as a sob left my lips. Amity was no longer a home to me and I felt like I was carrying a heavy burden that was going to break my shoulders. I would most likely see my mother choosing if her daughter should be allowed to stay or if she should be thrown to the dogs.

I start to change, I didn't want to wear different colours that could show the old me, but I didn't have a choice. Once I had everything on, I looked at my reflection. The shirt was a size too big but it still hugged at me and went down to just above my shins, the trousers fit perfectly. I turned around, the hard drive and gun wasn't see able.

I walked towards my door, looking back at the pillow before looking down at my feet and leaving the room. Meeting an unknown Abnegation that was holding out a tray of food for me. I looked at the food then towards her, she looked like any other Abnegation. There was bread on the plate and an apple. "Nice meal." She smiled sheepishly.

"Johanna said you usually weren't hungry, I hope this is okay!" Hungry wasn't something I had felt in a while, and if I did, it got washed away by something else. Same with my sleeping. I picked up the apple.

"Can't eat the bread." I walked away as I took a bite out of the apple, throwing it in the first bin I saw. I stand outside of the building, watching groups of yellow go into a different place. I stand, waiting for Tobias mostly.

I hear speaking as the floorboards creak. "How old are you again?" I recognise Caleb's voice, not that hard.

"Eighteen."

"And you don't think you are a little too old for Y/n?" They walk out and the first thing I notice is Tris' hair. It was cut to her jaw. I look at it for a moment before Caleb notices me. "You know what age he is right?" I shrug.

"Eighteen." Caleb looks between both of us as we all walk towards the greenhouse. He continued to bicker at Tris who just continued to wave him off. Once we entered the greenhouse I took a moment to look at it. There was a giant tree in the middle, the branches covering most of the greenhouse roof.

The Amity sit with their legs crossed, like a group. While Abnegation cluster together to my left, trying to make enough room for everyone as possible. Our group moves over behind the Abnegation, we sit down and Tobias holds my hand. "Did you bring it?" He whispered into my ear.

"Yes, both of them." Tobias is silent for a moment.

"Is there anything that could let them know?" I shake my head. Tobias takes my hand and for a moment I felt disgusted, I was sitting in a room with people who only thought the worst of me, what would they think if they saw me with a Dauntless? Why should I care what they think?

Oh God, I really don't want to be here.

I straightened my back so I could see over the Abnegation. Johanna bows her head and raises her hands, everyone becomes quiet as Amity begin to mutter. Out of reflex I bow my head and begin to say words that I didn't recognise but knew were said during this. After a few moments I raise my head and so does Johanna.