You gaped at the man as he exited his office. He had to crouch in order to avoid hitting his head in the doorway.

"Look at the size of him- are you sure we're in the right place?" you whispered to Marshall, looking up at catching his gaze. He tilted his head at you, giving you an honest shrug and you felt yourself face palm.

"What?" He asked. "You're the one who took directions from someone who was almost knocked the fuck out."

Fair point.

"Well maybe you would've given me better directions if you'd of just taken the pain medication I tried to give you." You argued back, your annoyance finally boiling over. You could feel your heart pounding in your chest as you turned to face him. You weren't surprised to find that he had done the same, the look of annoyance on his face seemed to mirror your own. You hated arguing with him.

But you also hated seeing him in pain. You didn't understand why he acted the way that he did in certain situations. You didn't even know how to begin to get him to talk about it. Whenever you poked at anything that you didn't quite understand, he would blow up, and in turn so did you.

"I don't take fucking pills. Pain meds or not." He snapped harshly. "Why is it pissing you off so much anyways? I'm fine."

"But you're not. Saying you're fine and actually being fine are two completely different things. A-and I hate it when you ask me why I care." You hissed back. "Because you already know the answer to that. I don't like seeing you in pain."

"Are the two of you finished with your little.. lovers quarrel?" A booming voice from the corner spoke. You jumped slightly, and you felt Marshall stiffen besides you. The both of you had completely forgotten where you are in the heat of the rising argument. In complete sync, the both of you turned to face Randle and his assistant. You wanted to apologize, but as you felt the heat rising on your face you found that the words were stuck in your throat.

"My bad." Marshall said, sensing your discomfort as he filled in the silence. "Guess we forgot where we were for a second."

Randle laughed, his voice heavy and thick with the vapor or smoke. "Don't sweat it kid. It's the smoke. It messes with everyone's heads I hear. Take's some getting used to. Come in, come in."

With that, the two of you shared one last look before starting into Randle's office. However, before you could get inside you felt the assistant block your way.

"Randle's office is of.. private nature." She said. The change in her voice was so apparent it made you freeze in your spot.

"What do you mean?" You asked, choosing to play stupid.

"What I mean is, this is a meeting between your boyfriend and Randle only. You're not welcomed. If you want, you can sit in the lobby and wait for-"

"Nah." Marshall cut in. You then realized that he hadn't moved from his spot behind the doorway. Randle had already sat down. He looked as though he were waiting for Marshall to do the same.

Yet he stood there, glowering at the assistant with a defiant stare. "She goes where I go. I don't play that shit." He said, reaching around the assistant and grabbing your arm. "You think I'm as clueless as the other south side rappers you bring in here?" He asked as he pulled you closer. "I know what goes on in these lobbies when you think people aren't watching. She stays with me."