[ 12 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
-            INVITATION
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

( ! THE CHARACTERS' PERSONALITIES ARE NOT REAL, BUT MADE UP ! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT )

"Hyejin," Jake walked over to her table as he said her name.

When Hyejin heard him say her name, she hid herself in her palms.

Jake chuckled as he grabbed her wrists and removed her hands from her face, "I can still see you, you really don't make yourself invisible like that."

Hyejin sighed deeply, "What do you want now? Don't tell me this is another confession-"

"You're invited to a party," Jake quickly interrupted Hyejin before she could finish her sentence.

Hyejin tilted her head as Jay came running to the two people with a red envelope, "Party?" Hyejin asked as Jay put the red colored envelope down on her desk. She stared at it and then picked it up.

"Yes, a party," Jay began, "I'm inviting you to my eighteenth birthday. This Saturday. It's going to be the biggest party I've ever hosted," He continued.

Hyejin sighed as Jay continued with his whole explanation of the party. In the corner of her eye, she suddenly saw someone walk into the room, someone who grabbed her attention.

It was Riki. The two made eye contact, then Riki immediately rolled his eyes and sat down next to Hyejin, which was his seat.

"So, are you coming?" Jay asked curiously.

"Where is she supposed to come?" Riki mingled in on the conversation. Jay turned around to see a nonchalant Riki sitting in his chair, busy staring at him with a smirk on his face, knowing he was annoying Jay.

"Is that any of your business?" Jay asked with an angry tone.

Riki nodded up and down, letting it be known that he was curious as to what the conversation was about.

Jay rolled his eyes, "I'm organizing a party for my birthday and I'm inviting Hyejin. Unfortunately, you are not on the list for those invited. Any problems with that?"

Hyejin rubbed her forehead, knowing this was going to turn into another argument, "Stop this-"

"It's just the facts," Jake quickly interrupted Hyejin.

She rolled her eyes and looked at Riki, who had an irritated facial expression. "No, no problems with that," he replied, "In fact, I don't like parties, so I'm glad you don't have me on your stupid list."

Jay irritably grabbed an invitation from his bag, turned it into a wad and threw it at Riki's head, "You fucking annoying child!"

The whole class turned their heads towards the event. All attention was focused on them.

Riki got up and stood right in front of Jay. They stared each other straight in the eyes. "If you call me that one more time, you only have one more breath left," Riki threatened Jay.

Jake and Hyejin's eyes widened at the behavior Riki just showed.

Before Riki walked out of the classroom, he first bumped hard into Jay's shoulder.

As he walked to the doorway, he was stopped by a male figure blocking the doorway.

"Nishimura Riki and Lee Hyejin," the man began, "would you like to come with me?"

Hyejin quickly stood up and looked at the doorway, where she saw the principal of the school standing there.

"We need to talk about something."

Jay giggled softly. "Karma," he whispered to Jake.

-

Hyejin walked anxiously to the principal's office. She rubbed her arm restlessly, while Riki, who was walking beside her, was still angry and annoyed.

When the three of them walked into the office, Sunoo and Jungwon were also sitting there. Sunoo gave Hyejin a 'what is this?' look.

"Take a seat," the principal said. The two nodded and sat down next to Jungwon and Sunoo.

"You guys skipped school yesterday," the principal began.

Sunoo and Jungwon both looked at Hyejin at the same time, knowing that she was the reason why they were brought up on this now.

"I have already informed your family that you have done this. Can you explain what the reason was for skipping school?"

All four shook their heads no.

The principal sighed deeply and slammed his fist on the table, scaring everyone except Riki.

"I'm so disappointed. Kim Sunoo and Yang Jungwon, one of the best students in the school. Hyejin, the great model of her class. The person who always finishes her homework on time and is well prepared. And Riki, the new student. I am disappointed in you guys! What is this all about?!"

Everyone fell silent. No one dared to say anything anymore.

"I want you guys to clean up the gym today after school, as a punishment. And that's not even the worst punishment out there. One more time of this and it will end badly for you. Now get out," The principal said and pointed to the door.

Everyone got up and left the office without saying a word to the director.

And she knew, it was her fault...