Chapter 10

Wait! I have Instagram, on it I can look up Lando's account. Quickly I look for my phone, but it is nowhere to be found. Great, I lost my phone!

I walk back to my bedroom and don't find my phone. Where did it go? My hands go to my buttocks and I feel the shape of my phone in my pocket. Immediately I pull it out of my pocket and look at it to see if it is damaged. Oof! Fortunately, no.

Quickly I unlock my phone and look up Instagram. Then I tap search and type in: Lando Norris. Immediately I see his account and tap it. I find out that I don't even follow him and immediately I tap the blue follow button. Then I tap messages and my phone opens the dm.

R = Roxanne L = Lando M = Max - R

Hey Lando, would you please explain to me why you are just running off like that? - R

Typing...

Immediately I see that Lando is typing and I look at my phone expectantly. It takes a long time and I sigh, causing me to slump down on the couch. What would he be typing? Then suddenly I get a message in and I immediately look at my phone.

L - Sorry Roxanne. I think it's better if we don't see each other anymore. Goodbye! You were a nice girl.

I stare at my screen and my fingers linger over the keyboard. What should I say to it? I can't really say anything to it. All I can ask is, why.

Why? Please, I want to know more! - R

L - It was too much! Sorry, I'm breaking up with you.

Why? - R

Then I see from his status that he's only just gone offline. No, what should I do! I don't want to lose him, I don't want to lose the other drivers either. Quickly I search for Max's Instagram account and not much later I find him. I tap follow and then I open the dm, after which I start typing.

Hey Max, do you have time to talk to me? - R

M - Hey Rox, yes I have plenty of time to talk to you.

Top! Is Lando back at the hotel yet? - R

M - No, why?

He left here a few minutes ago. I don't know why, but he was suddenly in a super hurry! - R

M - How weird!

Definitely weird! Can you try calling him and asking him to come to the hotel? - R

M - I can try. Maybe it was too much for him? I don't know exactly, but I think he's very nervous about the game for tomorrow.

He didn't look like that. He did look stressed. I am worried about him! He just wrote via dm to me, that he doesn't want to see me anymore. And he wrote goodbye! He's not planning to end his life, is he? - R

M - Rox! Calm down. He'll be in in a minute.

Whew! Thank goodness. Will you please tell him, that I love him immensely and I really don't want to lose him? - R

M - I will for you girl. I'm going to talk to Lando and do fun things. Don't you want to come over here?

Omg - Yes, I would love to come your way. What hotel are you in? - R

Typing...

I wait quietly, but then I see that Max stops typing. Impatiently I tap my phone with my nail, but then Max starts typing again.

M - In the Bevergem hotel.

My eyes get big. But that's the hotel, the one outside my window!

At what altitude are you sitting? - R

M - Nine meters high. How so?

I live nine meters up in a flat. Which side of the building are you on? - R

M - On the back side. Hey, when I look out through the window I see you sitting on the couch slumped over!

Whaha! Can you make a phone call? - R

M - Ofcourse! Even though Lando is also in the room, but we can indeed call.

I tap the call icon and immediately it starts ringing. Quickly I turn up my volume and wait for Max to answer.

M: Hey Rox, why don't you go stand by the window?

R: Uh... Okay!

I get up and walk to the window, after which I look outside. Then I look straight into the room, where I see Max and Lando standing there. Max is standing in front of the window and I smile.

R: Haha, I see you standing there Max!

M: I see you standing there too!

L: Who are you talking to?

R: Hello Lando! Why did you just run away?

L: I'm not going to tell you. Goodbye Rox!

I see Lando get up and watch him walk towards Max.

M: Oh no, Lando! Remember, you stay off my phone.

R: Max, he-

L: I can hear you both just fine!

Then suddenly I hear the sound of hanging up and I see in the hotel that Lando is running around with Max's phone. Max is running after Lando and from the looks of it he is calling out. It looks funny, but from the looks of it Lando is furious. Could he be mad at me or is it because of something else?

Lando, give Max his phone back! - R

L - Why should I! Just break contact with me, Max and all the other drivers you have contact with.

You can't forbid me anything! Please, be nice and normal to me again. We have something in common, don't we? - R

L - It's over!

I stare at my screen and my heart stands still. You've got to be kidding me! What an idiot, I haven't done anything to make him act like this. I jump up and decide to go to Max and Lando.