Chapter 8

'Rox, shall we sit on the couch?" asks Lando to me. I nod and we take a seat on my only couch in the living room. 'I actually want to get to know you better.'

'Then what do you all want to know about me?' I ask him.

'Your age, your hobbies, what you like to do in your free time,' he says.

'Haha. My age is eighteen. Ummm... my hobbies are... I don't know! Watching Formula 1 I think,' I laugh and Lando smiles broadly.

' What is your age and hobbies,' I now ask him.

'I'm twenty-one years old and my hobbies are gaming and racing in my McLaren car,' he laughs and I see a twinkle in his eyes.

'Nice! Can I go to the grid with you sometime?" I almost exclaim.

He has to laugh at my question.

'Maybe?" he says mysteriously and gets a huge grin on his face. I sigh and only now feel how much I actually feel for this nice sweet boy on not even a day and unexpectedly met, already. Is it love or just friendship that I feel? I feel no difference, because friendship feels like love and vice versa too. Right?

'What is it?" asks Lando and I startle out of my thoughts.

'Nothing, I was thinking of something,' I answer his question and I look at him.

'What about then?" he asks through to me and smiles sweetly.

'About our unexpected meeting,' I chuckle and he chuckles too.

'Yes, it was quite unexpected. I would have preferred to just meet you in a normal way. That you just still have your job,' Lando sighs and I see him look somber for a moment. I put my arms around him and hug him. He deserves this hug!

Lando was obviously startled by this for a moment, but recovers and wraps his arms around me and hugs me back. It feels so familiar! I feel a tear rolling down my cheek as I think back to my few hours working in the store. Now I have no income, with which I cannot pay the rent and all the other things in my house. Lando hugs me even harder and I lay my head on his chest. His breathing is calm, which makes me feel calmer. Then suddenly he gives me a kiss on my forehead. Immediately I get warm inside by his touch of his lips on my head. My skin on my head starts to tingle and I long for him to do it again. That felt nice!

'Rox, I don't know if you've noticed. But I believe I feel something special for you,' he says in a whisper in my ear. His warm breath caresses my skin and I get even warmer inside, than I already felt.

'And that special feeling is?' I ask curiously.

'I don't know. I have yet to find that out,' he sighs and I look up at him.

'Shall we play a game?' I ask and see him nod.

I get up and walk to the closet, where I always keep my games. My eyes glide through the closet and I sigh. So many games, but I don't play many of them here! Some games are boring and the game Halli Galli can make me gallic. Suddenly I feel two pairs of arms around me and I am lifted up.

'Hey, put me down!" I scream startled and hear Lando chuckle.

'Close the closet. I know a better game,' I hear him chuckle. I just do as he says and kick the closet shut with my foot. Then he walks to my bedroom with me in his arms and drops me on the bed.

'Why in my bedroom?" I ask him.

'For this game it's more fun in your bedroom, than in the living room,' he grins mysteriously.

I look at him strangely and he suddenly pushes me back hard. This causes me to roll over and as soon as I sit up, I see him crawl onto my bed. He sits down in front of me and looks at me slyly. What is he up to? Surely not the one I'm currently thinking about?

'Do, dare or truth?" he asks suddenly.

'Dare,' I say immediately without thinking and he starts grinning. He suddenly starts to get scary!

'Each time you dare, take off a piece of clothing. I decide which garment to take off,' he grins and my eyes get big.

'What, that's stupid!" I exclaim startled.

'You have to do it! Otherwise I'll leave right now and not see you again for a while,' Lando suddenly says meanly. I swallow and sigh.

'Okay, go ahead then,' I sigh and he grins.

'Take off your shirt,' Lando says and I do as he says. I grab the bottom of my shirt and then throw it on the bed beside me, but Lando grabs it and throws it in a random direction.

'Do, dare, or truth?" I ask him now.

'Truth,' he says and I think for a moment.

'Can you speak Dutch?' I ask.

'A little bit,' he then suddenly says in Dutch, with a Belgian and British accent through it.

'Wow!' I barely get out.