Chapter 7

We arrive upstairs and I walk in front of Lando. I walk toward the door, then I take my house key out of my pocket and I insert the key into the lock. The key slides in easily and I turn it around, then I have to put my foot against the door. Otherwise the door won't open and the wall will be stuck.

'Any luck?" asks Lando, coming to stand beside me.

'No, the door won't open,' I say with a deep sigh.

'Owh... Wait! I know something,' Lando says and I take a step aside.

Lando stands in front of the door and puts his foot in front of the door, then starts to pull. I chuckle at the sight of him not succeeding either. But then suddenly the door flies open and he falls over. The door bangs open against the wall and I quickly walk over to him, then help him up.

'Are you okey?" I ask Lando.

'Yes! I'm fine,' he answers my question.

'Thank goodness!' I say with relief.

'Ladies first,' he says, after standing up and holding the door open for me.

I chuckle and then walk into my cottage. Quickly I take off my shoes and walk to the closet in the hallway, where I store the keys. Lando now steps inside as well and closes the door behind him. Immediately he looks around in surprise. I can't tell how tidy it is and how much stuff I could put in here! I chuckle at his facial expression and then walk through to the living room.

"Rox, can I keep my shoes on?" asks Lando, asking me in a Belgian accent. Yet I also hear something of a British accent through it.

'No, you have to take them off. I really don't want filth in my house,' I answer his question and look at him seriously. He sighs and reluctantly takes off his shoes. Then he walks into the living room and his eyes become even bigger than they were before.

Wow!" he exclaims in surprise.

'Thank you. Look, this is the view,' I say. He looks at me not understanding, but then looks outside. I look outside too and then suddenly see that my view is obstructed by an apartment building. Why exactly is there such a crappy apartment building in front of it?