"If he didn't pay back the money, I get his daughter. Ava. He knew this all along, and I've even been nice enough to remind him, as I've already told you."

My thoughts were spinning inside my head as he spoke. He had to lie. Why the hell would Ava's dad agree to this? It didn't make any sense. What father would do this to his own daughter? And why didn't he fucking tell me?

"Ava's father would never agree to this. You're lying." I stated. He answered with a shrug of his shoulder.

"This is not our fight, Niccó. You know I always keep my word, especially when it comes to business." His voice had gotten more serious. "Trust me, I don't want our cartels to start a war. Especially not over something like this. So give up the girl, and our cartels can finally bury the hatchet. What do you say?" He finished, grinning.

I moved my gaze to Jennifer. She had been awfully quiet, probably fearing what would happen if she said something wrong. I doubted Maxim was treating her any better than she deserved. My eyes snapped back to Maxim when I felt his hand squeezing my shoulder.

"What's she worth to you anyway, huh? Besides having a good pussy, I presume?" He chuckled, his men following. "Trust me, Niccó, I have much more of that. I'll even be so generous to trade."

Hold back.

"I would be doing you a favor." He stated further. "Jennifer here, tells me that that whore has gotten you weak. No leader can have such distractions, Niccó. That can't possibly come as a surprise to you."

While I stared into his eyes, I felt my heartbeat speed up. I wanted to put my gun up his ass and pull the damn trigger for his nasty words.

Hold back, hold back, hold back.

Then it occurred to me that this was not why I came here. He had already declined my offer to pay back the money, and now he craved Ava. I had every right to rearrange his disgusting, smirking face.

"What do you say?" He asked, patting my shoulder. I frowned at his hand touching me. The fucking audacity of some people.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" My words were calm, low. I watched his wide grin slowly fall from his face. After returning his hand he straightened his posture an inch while flexing his jaw.

"Pardon?" He questioned stupidly.

I took a step closer, not taking my eyes off him even when guns cocked around us. He wasn't much shorter than me, but with every step I could feel the nervousness radiating from him. He took one step back, then another. Finally I had him pressed against the door, and I immediately brought my gun up from my waistband to keep the barrel underneath his jaw, pushing it up.

The corner of my eye caught sight of both of my men pressing their guns into Jennifer and the other two men's necks. They were forced to drop their weapons. Maxim looked anything but happy about the situation. I still held our gaze, but noticed his hand slowly moving down. He was reaching for his gun. I answered by cocking mine. He stilled.

"Hands up. Now."

He sighed through his nose, but obeyed and lifted his hands up by his head. I tilted my head to the side and scanned him over until I reached his pursed lips and frustrated eyes again.

"Weak little Maxim, when will you learn? Have you forgotten completely what happens to people who disrespect me? Have you forgotten what happened to your brother?" I asked mockingly. No answer.