[01 ; Forks Washington]

The plane lands smoothly and Kenna can't be more grateful

The plane lands smoothly and Kenna can't be more grateful. Sure, Kenna's been on planes before. But that doesn't mean she likes it. Kenna and her sister Bella just flew to Forks, Washington, a town under a near constant cover of clouds and rain.

Not ideal, but it's what had to be done, at least that's what Bella told Kenna. They were going to be living with their dad for a while, Charlie Swan.

He was the chief of police.

They both walk towards their dad and he hugs them both. It was a little awkward. Charlie Swan was never one for much affection. Pulling away, they walk to his car which of course was the police cruiser.

Kenna sits in the back while her dad and sister sit in the front. They prefer silence so Kenna listens to her iPod. 'Bubbly' by Colbie Caillat comes on. That causes Kenna smile, she loved her music.

Once they make it to the house that Kenna knew so well, they all get out. It hadn't changed a bit. It's plain white walls, the woods that surrounded it, and the dirt smell that brought back many memories.

Kenna grabs her bag from the trunk and she heads to her room. It's the same as when she was last there. Setting down her bags on the ground, Kenna sits on her bed and turns off the music putting it on her side table. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door.

It was Bella.

"Dad says he wants us downstairs." Bella informs her.

"Ok." Kenna sighs."I'm coming."

Kenna and Bella go downstairs and see their dad talking to a man in a wheelchair. Kenna remembered him, but she wasn't sure why. She figured that he was one of his fishing buddies.

"Girls, you remember Billy Black?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah, you're looking good." Bella comments and Kenna just nods.

"I'm still dancing." Billy shrugs."I'm glad you guys are finally here. Charlie over here hasn't shut up about it."

"Alright. Keep exaggerating. I'll roll you into the mud." Charlie tells him.

They go into the muddy road and begin to fake fight, causing Kenna to roll her eyes.

"Hi, I'm Jacob. We used to make mud pies when we were little." A boy named Jacob says and looks at Kenna. "And if I recall right you actually tried to make me eat it."

"What?" Kenna questions. "They're called mud pies for a reason."

Jacob laughs at that. But Kenna decides that he can think what he wants to think, his opinion has no effect on her. She was a confident woman that didn't care what others thought of her. And soon, their dads make their way back over to the three teenagers.

"So ,what do you girls think?" Charlie asks, both Kenna and Bella giving him a questioning look. "Your guys' homecoming present."

"This?" Kenna inquires.

"Yeah, I figured that you guys would need to get to school somehow." Charlie replies.

Kenna looks at Bella and sees her smiling. Bella gets in the drivers side and accidentally hits Jacob while doing so. It takes all her strength to hold in a laugh as they drive off.

"I'm gonna go make some dinner." Kenna states and goes into the kitchen with Charlie and Billy following behind her. "Alright, who wants my famous, special pizza?"

"Do you even have to ask?" Charlie inquires.

"Probably not, but it's better to ask. You only make that mistake once." Kenna remarks. "So stand back and watch the master at work. Please hold your applause until the end."